I tweeted the TUI customer services team the other day and asked them what aircraft would be based at BHX this summer, their reply was:-

2 x 787 3 x 757 2 x 737 1 x 737 Max - The information above is the most up to date information we have directly from our Duty Office. The programme has not been published yet so this is subject to change

bit worrying that the summer 2019 programme hasnt been published yet, and the timetables show 9 aircraft, and they claim its just 8, with 2 787s, yet their website ony shows 1 787 on long haul flights.

Hope they are not planning any summer cuts by removing an aircraft, must be a bit late to do that now?
What was the base complement in summer 2018?

More poor results in the travel sector, this time TUI confirming earlier profit warning

Tui Group sees losses double in first quarter as long summer bites
Tui Group has seen losses widen to €83.6 million for quarter one of financial 2019, driven largely by the unusually long and hot summer in northern Europe last year. The losses are double the €36.7 million reported last year.
In addition, strong bookings to Turkey and north Africa caused overcapacity in other destinations such as the Canary Islands, which went hand in hand with lower margins in the tour operating business, Tui said.
“The overall trends for our sector are intact,” said Fritz Joussen, chief executive, Tui Group. “Travel and tourism remain a growth market.

Anyone know why SFB-BHX diverted to Manchester this morning? (6/4/19)
I don't think it diverted, it was always planned to go to Manchester.

No pax? Start of season?

Things are quite messy this time of year, between Ski season and the main summer IT season

We have a B787-9 operating the BHX-RHO this Saturday!

Yes the impact of the 737 Max 8 grounding, until they are returned back to service, TUI will have to lease plenty of other aircraft to cover them, can I ask Ray is that the Saturday flight to LPA your on?

Yeah Saturday afternoon, can't remember the exact time without checking.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock