I can't see it bookable yet but it seems as if Goa is back for next winter along with Punta Cana going back to year round.

TUI UK LAUNCHES ADDITIONAL 114,000 SEATS FOR WINTER 2020 FROM BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT

• NEW direct flights launched to The Gambia from Birmingham
  • NEW flights to Goa and Punta Cana launched for winter 2020
  • Holidays reintroduced to Sharm El Sheikh from Birmingham
  • NEW hotels launched for winter 2020 and summer 2021

5th DECEMBER, LONDON – TUI, the world’s leading holiday company and the UK’s number one holiday provider, has announced its winter 2020 programme with the addition of new destination The Gambia and the reintroduction of holidays to Sharm El Sheikh.

The new direct flights to The Gambia from Birmingham are now on sale with weekly flights operating on a Thursday with the first flight departing on 5st November 2020.

Long haul flying from Birmingham airport for winter 2020 will see further expansion with flights added back to popular winter destination Goa (India) and new weekly flying days to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) giving customers even more choice.

TUI launched holidays to Sharm El Sheikh with flights departing from February 2020 and these flights continue to operate on a Wednesday from Birmingham. From May 2020, TUI will offer both 10 and 11 night holidays to Sharm El Sheikh with an extra flight also available on a Sunday.

These new additions to the winter 2020 programme do not stop there. TUI have added additional flying days across five of its current destinations that depart from Birmingham Airport, including customer favourites Lanzarote (Canaries), Tenerife (Canaries) and Hurghada (Egypt)*. Giving customers from the West Midlands even more choice when choosing their next holiday with TUI.

For summer 2021 Birmingham airport will see a further increase of 46,000 additional seats added. The programme will also include additional flying days for family favourite Orlando Sanford (Florida).

RETURNING TO SHARM EL SHEIKH

Famous for the glistening red sea and amazing sandy beaches, customers can expect high quality hotels and the year round sun the region is known for. Four hotels including old favourites along the beautiful Red Sea coast are now on sale, with even more in the pipeline.

The EXCLUSIVE 5T TUI Magic Life Sharm El Sheikh, is an old favourite, loved and enjoyed by customers who previously travelled back year after year. The Magic Life concept resort is picture-perfect, overlooking the Straits of Tiran. There is really something for everyone at from a stylish spa, fitness gym, sporting activities and professional live entertainment. The all-inclusive beach resort has 3 swimming pools plus 4 restaurants offering delicious regional and international cuisine.

The elegant EXCLUSIVE 5T Reef Oasis Blue Bay includes a beautiful private beach, a waterpark and a large outdoor infinity pool perfect for cooling down in the sun and observing the stunning views. The hotel has a fantastic location, not far from the famous Naama Bay. There is so much choice when it comes to eating out – from the onsite Italian restaurant to the pub bar which serves food 24 hours a day.

THE GAMBIA

Eight hotels in The Gambia are now on sale, in beach resorts including Kotu and Kololi. The Gambia is a holiday location popular with sun seekers looking to escape the winter blues and relax peacefully on the beach. This beautiful African destination has everything you would expect of a tropical paradise with miles and miles of un-crowded sands and warm clear seas.

It isn’t just for relaxing however, as The Gambia is very popular amongst those who like to explore and take in the local culture on their trip abroad. There is tonnes of history to absorb and the wildlife is out of this world, with monkeys, crocodiles and hundreds of species of birds on the doorstep. A chimpanzee rehab project is easy to reach by boat and Gambia isn’t too far from Senegal if an unforgettable Safari is on your bucket list.

The 4T Ocean Bay Hotel & Resort is planted on the postcard-worthy coast in Cape Point, a part of Bakau that is well known for its sand swept shorelines. The resort has an African Safari Lodge vibe, with wooden beams, thatched furniture and potted plants. There is a pool among the beautiful gardens, along with an outdoor bar– where monkeys can be seen swinging from the trees!

The 3T Bakotu is a family-run hotel set on the edge of an 18-hole golf course and lagoon. It’s right in the heart of Koto where you can find a market, restaurants and a beach just across the road. Nature lovers will be in their element with a viewing platform that looks directly over Kotu’s creek.

The 4T African Princess makes the most of its beachfront setting thanks to its U-shape design, with stunning views from rooms, pool and the restaurant. The hotel is situated in the quieter end of Kotu’s beaches. Swim-up rooms cover the ground floor while the upper-floor rooms boast views of the Atlantic Ocean

TUI UK&I’s Director of Aviation Planning, Karen Switzer said: “Earlier this month TUI announced its winter 2020 and summer 2021 holiday programme which has since expanded with more destinations and added flights. We are delighted that the additional flights provide holidaymakers departing from our regional airports with even more choice when deciding where to go away. With additional flying capacity and more than 1,000 hotels already on sale for summer 2021 it gives those planning ahead the opportunity to choose the most suitable airport, destination and hotel.

“The customer is at the heart of everything we do and this additional growth to some of our customer’s favourite holiday hotspots from Birmingham airport demonstrates our continued commitment for people to discover their smile with us.”

Tom Screen, Aviation Director of Birmingham Airport said: “We are delighted to see TUI growing its long-haul route network from Birmingham, with the return of Sharm El Sheikh from February and new services to The Gambia, Goa, Punta Cana next winter. TUI is such a popular and respected brand amongst customers and the travel industry and we are proud to be able to serve these new flights as well as the existing 53 destinations available with TUI from Birmingham.”

NEW flights to Goa and Punta Cana launched for winter 2020

I cant find these anywhere..... PUJ is not bookable Nov-Mar 2020 and GOA has no flights. anyone else know more?

The PR is ironic seeing as Goa was available from the start in W17/18 and W18/19, but they never bothered to advertise it, and now they are announcing destinations that aren't available yet?

Next thing you'll be telling me is that they never get round to launching some of the routes they announce :facepalm:

cough Split cough

I think most of us have learned to treat any press release from TUi with a large pinch of salt.

It seems as if TUi change their minds very quickly, that or their PR department need to have more in depth communication with the route planners. Either way I'd be very wary about booking any new route that they announce.

Incidentally Split is still bookable but not for 2020 as announced, it now starts May 2021. Almeria is still showing, for now.

Fingers crossed that Goa does actually appear though.

a few changes for summer 2020.

Thursdays afternoon Tenerife has been dropped, allowing the Malta P&O cruise flight to operate instead.

Friday, as mentioned Split has been dropped, aircraft now operates to Enfidha, so no away based Nouvelair flight.

Saturday, one of the morning Ibiza flights have been dropped, replaced by Salzburg, which in turn replaces the Flybe Salzburg flight.

base is still showing 1 788, 2 757s, and 7 737s (+ 1 extra 788 on Tue/Wed)

- TUI need 79 aircraft in total for summer 2020 , so are relying on around 20 or more 737 Maxs to be in service, a huge gamble at present! :oops:

TUI need 79 aircraft in total for summer 2020 , so are relying on around 20 or more 737 Maxs to be in service, a huge gamble at present!

I wonder what kind of guarantees they've had from Boeing to make them so confident that this will be the case

TUI need 79 aircraft in total for summer 2020 , so are relying on around 20 or more 737 Maxs to be in service, a huge gamble at present! :oops:
I imagine that Dublin, Aberdeen and Norwich and possibly Belfast will Sunwing aircraft and there is a rumour that 2 of the Cardiff aircraft will be from Sunwing so that's possibly 5 to 7 aircraft taken care of, so possibly only 13 to 15 aircraft to find. Many may well be leased in like last year. I generally don't think they would have made such a big expansion without a plan to cover if the MAX doesn't come back.

I imagine that Dublin, Aberdeen and Norwich and possibly Belfast will Sunwing aircraft and there is a rumour that 2 of the Cardiff aircraft will be from Sunwing so that's possibly 5 to 7 aircraft taken care of, so possibly only 13 to 15 aircraft to find. Many may well be leased in like last year. I generally don't think they would have made such a big expansion without a plan to cover if the MAX doesn't come back.

Yes TUI will need at least:-

6 x 789's, 8 x 788's. 2 x 767's, 6 x 757's, and 57 737's (a mixture of B738's, and Max's)

TUI have 30 738's, if they lease in 7 Sunwing 738s, that still leaves 20 Max's required?

TUI have 30 738's, if they lease in 7 Sunwing 738s, that still leaves 20 Max's required?
I don't know why i thought they had more than 30, if they get the MAX released, otherwise they are going to need to lease a lot of aircraft!

Its difficult to know how many Max's they current have ready to enter service once the ban is lifted, but I know they have 5 stored at Manchester, 1 at Tenerife, and at least 3 at the Boeing plants, so they must be expecting another 11 to enter service by next summer! A huge gamble to me, it the Max's are still grounded, how can they source 20 additional aircraft for the summer? Will we see mass cuts in the schedules if this happens?

Punta Cana is now bookable for next winter weekly on a Tuesday.

This gives us 11 long haul departures each week with 2x 787's operating over 5 days (Langkawi and Utapao depart on a Wed and return on a Thur).

Mon Cancun, Dubai
Tue Punta Cana, Montego Bay
Wed Goa, Langkawi/Utapao (D)
Thur Barbados, Langkawi/Utapao (A)
Fri Barbados, Cancun
Sat Barbados
Sun Barbados

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock