So very sad. He's been there, beside our Queen, for all of my life.

God bless and "Long Reign The Queen".

In this ever changing, uncertain world, the Queen and DofE have been the one and only consitency throughout. Whether you are a Royalist, Republican or indifferent, events like this change things.

We must also remember that the DofE served this country in a very real way.

The death of Prince Philip has effected me more so than I expected. I do genuinely feel quite saddened after hearing the news of Prince Philip's passing today. I think a person can perhaps have more of an impact on your life than you think. Possibly through watching the news on TV from a young age. It's incredibly sad news for the Queen and I do wonder if she will now step back to let Prince Charles take over.

Extremely sad news although he lived to a great age.

Perhaps it's easy to forget that he was someone's husband, and the Queen will be mourning the loss of her partner as a human being, not as head of state. My thoughts are with her.

I can still remember the day in 1952 when, at a small village junior school in Somerset, the headmistress (only two teachers at that school) told us that the King had died. Since then Elizabeth has been Queen and, until today, the Duke her Consort. The Duke was just about in the previous generation to mine. He was born in the same year as my wife's late mother.

Today will be one of those days when, looking back, many people will remember where they were when they heard the news.

I'm deeply, deeply shocked and saddened by this news. As has been said above, he has been a pillar of strength, in his support of Her Majesty the Queen throughout their time together.
My thoughts and prayers are with Her Majesty, the Royal Family along with not just the UK but also the Commonwealth at this sad time.

R.I.P. Prince Philip

Kevin

As may be said in some parts, 'He was a diamond geezer ', blunt speaker. He may be in despair up above as the hated media trawl through his life with some pontificating over his few indiscretions. Her Majesty will NOT step back for Prince of Wales because her vows will prevent it but she may just follow Victoria into a long period of mourning!

I will miss the wonderful Prince.

Perhaps it's easy to forget that he was someone's husband, and the Queen will be mourning the loss of her partner as a human being, not as head of state. My thoughts are with her.
I believe they have been married for 74 year's. 1947 they were married.

Yes , my "In-Laws" were invited to the Palace in 1997 to celebrate their Golden Wedding, as were all other couples married in 1947.

A very out spoken man. I liked him and he was down to earth. Very sad news when it broke. It will impact many people across the world in many ways. He has been married to the queen longer than im old. RIP duke of edinburgh. You will never be forgotten.

Extraordinary life and arguably, a forerunner in modernising how society thinks and operates, One of his quotes I have seen today was from 1982 where he talked of the pumping out of carbon dioxide into the environment. and what are going to do about it Alas I never took part in any of the Duke of Edinburgh Award schemes but that is such a lasting legacy to leave in enabling youngsters to find self-worth.

What has been distasteful is the utter lack of respect online with people laughing and/or happy at this sad news, if you don't agree with the consitutional monarchy, there will be time and a place for discussion (I'd merely state it avoids having someone like a Trump being in charge of the country) but is entirely inappropriate to do so now. I wonder what their reaction would be if I burst into laughter when one of their loved ones passes on.

Jim Steinman songwriter and producer has sadly passed away aged 73. His works include Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out of Hell' and Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' as well as working with Andrew Lloyd Webber on the musical 'Whistle Down the Wind'.

RIP Jim and thank you for the great music.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock