• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

Primera Air

Feb 1, 2016
I thought the following would be of interest given Primera's predicament at the moment, taken from today's Sunday Times travel section:

"I was surprised to read a glowing review of Primera Air last week (NYC for £279). Ten days before our flight to New York, Primera cancelled its flights out of Birmingham. Booking new ones incurred significant expense." H C , Gloucester

Primera Air replies: "The delivery of our second A321neo plane was delayed for several days, which led to some cancellations. All passengers entitled to compensation will receive it. We apologise for the inconvenience".

Matt995

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2015
Royal Leamington Spa
checking the Primera Air website, these are the current dates the A321's enter service:-

aircraft 1, currently in service, Stansted to New York and Boston
aircraft 2, 2nd June, Stansted to Toronto
aircraft 3, 22nd June, Paris CDG to Toronto and Boston
aircraft 4, 30th July, Birmingham to New York and Toronto
aircraft 5, 15th August, Paris CDG to New York
aircraft 6, 22nd August, Stansted to Washington

all subject to change!! :cautious:

GliderPilot

Jul 19, 2017
England
30th July until we get a Primera aircraft, wow!

Also, Are Primera having a mix of A321 Neos and A321 LR or are all of them the long-range variant. Its been that long I'm confused.

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Thread starter Moderator #1,211
A review of Primera Air Cello Aviation flying Malaga to Birmingham on an A321neo 737-300.

Cello have a good reputation so their praise is no surprise. The comments at the end about Primera are interesting and possibly mirror the general feeling on here.

Mar 23, 2014
One thing worth noting is that other than the first BHX-EWR flight, as far as I’m aware, all flights to EWR, AGP and PMI have operated as planned and pretty much on time?!?
Until today (Saturday) where the morning Malaga departure is leaving just over an hour late because the BHX aircraft was moved to Stansted overnight to operate their delayed Alicante after the taxiway collision there !

nwoody2001

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
But even an hour delay is far from an issue and is far from unheard of.

In a majority of cases, passengers will easily forget and forgive a minor delay or an aircraft change (if they notice at all) ...what is harder to forgive is if a flight is delayed significantly or cancelled and then ruins people’s holidays.

Hopefully Primera can continue like this until their proper aircraft arrive!!

Top Bottom