Then again later in the year when Primera do get close to having their full fleet of new aircraft BHX might see the frequencies begin to rise again towards what they were launched as

I thought the following would be of interest given Primera's predicament at the moment, taken from today's Sunday Times travel section:

"I was surprised to read a glowing review of Primera Air last week (NYC for £279). Ten days before our flight to New York, Primera cancelled its flights out of Birmingham. Booking new ones incurred significant expense." H C , Gloucester

Primera Air replies: "The delivery of our second A321neo plane was delayed for several days, which led to some cancellations. All passengers entitled to compensation will receive it. We apologise for the inconvenience".

Looking at the state of the bottom of the rudder, The yaw damper(most probable) has been leaking for a while at some stage.:watching::watching:

checking the Primera Air website, these are the current dates the A321's enter service:-

aircraft 1, currently in service, Stansted to New York and Boston
aircraft 2, 2nd June, Stansted to Toronto
aircraft 3, 22nd June, Paris CDG to Toronto and Boston
aircraft 4, 30th July, Birmingham to New York and Toronto
aircraft 5, 15th August, Paris CDG to New York
aircraft 6, 22nd August, Stansted to Washington

all subject to change!! :cautious:

30th July until we get a Primera aircraft, wow!

Also, Are Primera having a mix of A321 Neos and A321 LR or are all of them the long-range variant. Its been that long I'm confused.

A review of Primera Air Cello Aviation flying Malaga to Birmingham on an A321neo 737-300.

Cello have a good reputation so their praise is no surprise. The comments at the end about Primera are interesting and possibly mirror the general feeling on here.

One thing worth noting is that other than the first BHX-EWR flight, as far as I’m aware, all flights to EWR, AGP and PMI have operated as planned and pretty much on time?!?
Until today (Saturday) where the morning Malaga departure is leaving just over an hour late because the BHX aircraft was moved to Stansted overnight to operate their delayed Alicante after the taxiway collision there !

But even an hour delay is far from an issue and is far from unheard of.

In a majority of cases, passengers will easily forget and forgive a minor delay or an aircraft change (if they notice at all) ...what is harder to forgive is if a flight is delayed significantly or cancelled and then ruins people’s holidays.

Hopefully Primera can continue like this until their proper aircraft arrive!!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock