United pulled out for a reason and I doubt it was an untested airline like Primera that scared them off.

I've recently been thinking the same. They were fine when American showed up so why would Primera be any different.

Interestingly I was looking at some numbers earlier and in 2016, between United and American, BHX saw just over 200 each day in each direction to NYC - certainly enough for a daily 767...

Jetblue next anyone?

Jetblue are reportedly interested in going premium heavy on their A321's if they decide to go transatlantic.

I've seen nothing official but the whispers are that they have a big interest in London.

Jetblue are reportedly interested in going premium heavy on their A321's if they decide to go transatlantic.

I've seen nothing official but the whispers are that they have a big interest in London.
I'd imagine they'd look at London and Paris and Dublin first and then in the UK, Edinburgh and Manchester would be the next contenders i'd have thought.

I'd imagine they'd look at London and Paris and Dublin first and then in the UK, Edinburgh and Manchester would be the next contenders i'd have thought.

The first 3 have plenty of demand for another carrier (especially if operated from one of the smaller airports e.g. Luton, Orly). Edinburgh and Manchester have enough competition already. Would be surprised though if BHX was at the bottom of any list though...

The first 3 have plenty of demand for another carrier (especially if operated from one of the smaller airports e.g. Luton, Orly). Edinburgh and Manchester have enough competition already. Would be surprised though if BHX was at the bottom of any list though...
The one thing that JetBlue will lack is European onward connections so it'll be interesting to see if they partner with anyone.

On the other hand Jet Blue have a good connecting network in the US and most traffic would be west bound and much of the rest coming the other way would likely be local (Midland )business or Shakespeare /Cotswolds/Warwick Castle etc orintated in my opinion.

I think BHX -NYC is mostly point to point just my take although I think Jet Blue are a long shot at present would love to be wrong.

I had hopes that we were on for a winner with this airline. Ho hum. Too much, too soon. We are fickle people....who wears a waste cost now?.....but we also like established brands. Primera: too much too soon.

Primera Air has been a sad and unfortunate experience for Birmingham and, perhaps, it would be best if it quietly left the scene.

But don't let us think that we are alone in this sorry debacle. To a larger or lesser extent, Stansted and Paris have been affected, and on the other side of the pond, New York, Boston and other airports must be feeling very uneasy.

Whether it was too much too soon is difficult to say. However, one thing does appear certain, this airline was scheduling services and taking bookings before it even had the airframes to service these bookings - and that as a complaint must be levelled fairly and squarely at the door of its management.

Primera Air has cocked it up badly and in my opinion too badly for it to have any hope of establishing a presence again in Birmingham for a few years at least.

Sad, it seemed to offer so much at a time when the airport needed it.

Still waiting to get confirmation that my flight to BCN is cancelled. I dont want to book flights with Vueling until i have confirmation but what do you think guys ?????

If i keep leaving it then all the Primera air passengers will also book Vueling or Ryanair and the prices will start going up. Dont know what to do but im done with Primera Air, dont even want to fly with them.

Still waiting to get confirmation that my flight to BCN is cancelled. I dont want to book flights with Vueling until i have confirmation but what do you think guys ?????

If i keep leaving it then all the Primera air passengers will also book Vueling or Ryanair and the prices will start going up. Dont know what to do but im done with Primera Air, dont even want to fly with them.
How much was your Primera flight?
I'd book Vueling flights now as like you say demand could shoot the prices up.

I think you answered you own question Brum X with the last sentence. Time to bite the bullet i'm afraid.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock