That's the risk Primera are taking now, they could risk going bust if the spiral of decline they will be seeing continues. They must be losing so much money issuing refunds, and probably compensation as well to some customers (I don't even think calling the public customers is the right word to use after this shambles).
No doubt money they made from ticket sales launching routes was invested into further advertisement etc, a massive loss. They have their work cut out now!

I don't expect to see Long Haul on offer from Primera at BHX any time soon. I don't think they will risk it. However, Primera seems to be as predictable as Air India so I would happily be proven wrong.

Let's not forget Primers are an established Airline, not a start-up. So hopefully they have money in the bank.
Their LH introduction has been a complete shambles as has their customer service. But now the shiny new aircraft are coming in, which has been getting great feedback, provided they up their game and provide a reliable operation I can't see why they won't regain customer confidence. People will soon forget if the price is right. Surely with a decent setup and lessons learned they will eventually be good for the UK?

I agree that they have shiny new aircraft which people like. Yet even the most respected airlines that have great reputations are struggling in the toughest of long-haul markets. Some airlines have had to pull out of the market altogether, or even gone into administration in extreme cases.

Whilst I also completely agree that Primera can recover from this, from seeing what we've seen, can this airline make it a reliable operation? Can they make the price not only right but consistent? Not being a start-up airline does not make them immune to failure, but if they are clever from now on as you say with new aircraft coming in, they will do just fine.

Whilst I also completely agree that Primera can recover from this, from seeing what we've seen, can this airline make it a reliable operation? Can they make the price not only right but consistent? Not being a start-up airline does not make them immune to failure, but if they are clever from now on as you say with new aircraft coming in, they will do just fine.

It would take a huge amount to get me to even consider booking a flight with Primera, even then I very much doubt that I would. Certainly the people in my office who had their NY flights canx wouldn't go anywhere near them again.

The horror stories just keep on coming https://twitter.com/donotflyprimera/with_replies?lang=en-gb

Of course it is all academic now, however, are there facilities in place and would it have been possible for Primera to feed their long haul flights with passengers from the sun routes - if the demand existed?

I would consider using them if the aircraft was a Widebody on long haul but the A321 is I believe not ideal and the new engines being reason for the late delivery gives me the collywobbles.

No, it is BHX via Europe on mainline flag airline or I stay put.

Primera finally starting to get some wider publicity.

'This airline needs to be investigated' – more angry readers come forward after booking Primera flight

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/primera-air-customer-complaints/

Meanwhile https://twitter.com/donotflyprimera/with_replies has an ever growing list of awful complaints.

Donotflyprimera‏ @donotflyprimera 23h23 hours ago
The DMs I've had since opening this page = over £35,000 owed by Primerair, and that's just the ones that have messaged.

If this continues, which I don't see any reason for why it wouldn't as the trend seems to be continuing, I can see Primera pulling out of the UK LH market entirely. Their customer base must be shrinking by the day.

Still, a part of me feels sorry for them. So much promise and so much ambition but they opened their mouths too early and then when delays began to occur the whole program was falling apart before them :(

However, That doesn't match the sympathy I have for the thousands of families that have had trips of a lifetime ripped from beneath them

f this continues, which I don't see any reason for why it wouldn't as the trend seems to be continuing, I can see Primera pulling out of the UK LH market entirely. Their customer base must be shrinking by the day.
Yet from what i've heard the actual A321neo product is supposed to quite good. It's just a shame hopefully they can turn it around.

This story has a familiar theme. New long haul routes with aircraft that have not yet been delivered. Maybe the A321 neo is the backup to the MAX9. I hope the unsuspecting public don't get duped all over again and have to put up with the disappointment of cancelled trips plus all the inconvenience that follows.
Lets hope Primera have learned from their recent experiences. Good job I am not a betting man !

They just keep coming over as a bunch of conmen.
Like those find the queen card hucksters who get moved on and just find another pitch.
That made me chuckle - the thought of airline senior managers sidling up sneakily to their latest airport 'victim'.

Many thanks, Ashwo. That made me laugh even more. Tremendous!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock