Andy Street @andy4wm

After decades of under-investment in the region, I am proud to be able to lead the West Midlands through a transport revolution. Today we marked yet another milestone, as the first bit of track was laid for the Five Ways Midland Metro extension

EQqqP9lXUAAZsUN

Its official, MODA living will develop Great Charles Street Queensway, also known as the "Bombsite"

There is a rumour of a tall tower, maybe approaching 40 storey's :cool:

Will you be at the exhibition?

You bet I will mate, I wanna take a photo of the model that they normally have at these events.

Can you believe we have been discussing the "bombsite" for around 14 years on SSC and at last it looks like a serious developer is going to take it on. Truly amazing and my office window as per above is directly opposite this site.

So if you think my 103 Colmore Row pics are a bit much, you ain't seen nothing yet :ROFLMAO:

Some people take all this skyscraper stuff really seriously, and Van Heckler on SSC has done this great mock up of what Birmingham's skyline could look like in 2025 with current tall buildings and ones that are currently U/C or proposed. Great work Van Heckler :cool:

1: Glasswater Locks, Approved, 123m
2: One Eastside, Approved, 155m
3: Exchange Square, Approved, 111m
4: BT Tower, Built, 152m
5: 103 Colmore Row, Construction, 109m
6: Beorma Quarter, Approved, 113m
7: Alpha Tower, Complete, 100m
8: Axis, Approved, 100m
9: 10 Holloway Circus, Built, 122m
10: The Bank, Built, 102m
11: The Mercian, Construction, 132m
12: 211 Broad Street, Approved, 117m
13: 100 Broad Street, Approved, 193m
14: Chamberlain Clock Tower, Built, 100m (out of shot)

Some people take all this skyscraper stuff really seriously, and Van Heckler on SSC has done this great mock up of what Birmingham's skyline could look like in 2025 with current tall buildings and ones that are currently U/C or proposed. Great work Van Heckler :cool:

As for Great Charles Street, something alongside the BT tower in height. Shame the exhibition is not this weekend as I am coming up. Will take a good look round.

That's a very healthy looking skyline indeed :)

Needs more around eastside to bulk it up a little, this is where HS2 come in. I have no doubt that there will be plans simmering in the background :)

Broad St looking good though (y)

That's a very healthy looking skyline indeed :)

Needs more around eastside to bulk it up a little, this is where HS2 come in. I have no doubt that there will be plans simmering in the background :)

Broad St looking good though (y)
A couple or three or four clusters creates a good skyline. Eastside needs more I agree. Broad Street 2 or 3 more. Snow hill needs padding out and then a few round China Town/ Gay Village. Or just cover all in between. Still say, though, happy with Brum just having darn good architecture whatever the height. City is exploding.

Cannot wait to visit the city centre this weekend...(yes Mum looking forward to seeing you also). May even venture over to the airport with the kids and see if my daughter still wants to live at the end of the runway.

Been up in town today. First time in 6 months. Great to see the boom, but come on too much construction! And this is just the start of the boom. Shudder to think how much it will have changed in 5 years or so.

Where did you go Ian ?
All over the place. Brindley. Lego. Sealife. Centenary. The Tram. Mailbox. Cube. Canals. Canals. Canals. HMV....wow my new favourite shop.....Bullring. thingie Central train thingies...Museum. library. 9.43 miles walked. Probably missed you as I thought about the cathedral but too many angry pigeons!! o_O

Love the place. Hopefully in a few years time every builder will go away so we can enjoy it without having to skip round construction. Kid you now, even London does not see as much activity in such close proximity. Roll on the Games in 2022.

Oh and to cap it off...got stuck on the ring road near At Andrews and took son to see Spag Junction.."there are roads over roads over roads everywhere". It is still awesome.

All over the place. Brindley. Lego. Sealife. Centenary. The Tram. Mailbox. Cube. Canals. Canals. Canals. HMV....wow my new favourite shop.....Bullring. thingie Central train thingies...Museum. library. 9.43 miles walked. Probably missed you as I thought about the cathedral but too many angry pigeons!! o_O

Love the place. Hopefully in a few years time every builder will go away so we can enjoy it without having to skip round construction. Kid you now, even London does not see as much activity in such close proximity. Roll on the Games in 2022.

Oh and to cap it off...got stuck on the ring road near At Andrews and took son to see Spag Junction.."there are roads over roads over roads everywhere". It is still awesome.
Sounds like a very fun day out! I too am excited for the future of the city (HS2, the new 103 Colmore row building etc), and I always love shopping in Grand Central, it feels like it has a very vibrant and high class atmosphere to it. And who could forget those fantastic views from the library too.

Sounds like a very fun day out! I too am excited for the future of the city (HS2, the new 103 Colmore row building etc), and I always love shopping in Grand Central, it feels like it has a very vibrant and high class atmosphere to it. And who could forget those fantastic views from the library too.
Thanks Vinny. I have spent more of my life in Essex, but Birmingham is my home. It is great to see it thriving again. It has been a long time. My kids love the place. One day I may return for good.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock