Greater Birmingham - Thread

Advertisement

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Birmingham-based developer Court Collaboration is to bring forward a £125m build-to-rent scheme on the site of the former Irish Centre in Deritend, to the south-east of the city centre.
It has worked up plans for a 48-storey tower comprising 454 flats and 10,000 sq ft of amenity space on a site neighbouring its £350m Stone Yard development.
Architects Glancy Nicholls have designed a contemporary signature building that will front High Street Deritend, to the south of Digbeth.
Court Collaboration acquired the site at the start of the year.

EW7caBvWAAAD-p_.jpg

EW7cYd-X0AAutK_.jpg

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
I love the first one although I can imagine there will be some resistance given the location.

I quite like it but I can see the octagonal one dividing opinion..

Loads of proposals at the moment, now we just need shovels in the ground :)

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Both buildings coming along nicely (y)

I'm assuming that there has been no more movement on One Eastside yet?
We are all in contact with CourtCollaboration on SSC mate and they have informed us that they are back. They must of shut on a temporary basis after lockdown but they have informed us that an update is imminent on there exciting projects. They haven't given anybody a sense that the project is in doubt but only time will tell I suppose. I expect a delay with the project after the lockdown for obvious reasons but if we can still get a start on site sometime in 2020 then that will be good news. :unsure:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
It may be gloomy out there folks but the development of Birmingham continues in the new normal (y)

Broad Street looking very impressive with new towers and a new metro extension.

View attachment 16920
Get rid of the Novotel and Travelodge and replace them with a couple of sleek glass towers and Broad Street would be almost complete (assuming the other proposed developments actually go ahead) (y)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Exchange Square phase 2 in underway giving the city a new tower reaching 37 storey's or 111metres in old money (y)

I popped over today to have a nosey and this is what the site looks like.

View attachment 16921 View attachment 16922
Looking at SSC there are very differing opinions on this one. I actually don't mind the tower but am not fussed about the hotel section, hopefully one that turns out better than the renders.

Those Masshouse buildings are looking desperate now. With it being such a prime location for HS2 I hope that whole plot will eventually be redeveloped into something more fitting for the area.

Top Bottom