Greater Birmingham - Thread

Advertisement

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Not been to the Wesleyan Building since March !
I am the same Ian, not been back to my office on Cornwall Street since March and still on furlough, maybe I will go back in August but I think more September ?? Who bloody knows, lol

I have got used to not working now, love going to bed late and getting up late, lol. It is going to be so hard for me when I do have to go back.

Thanks Mr Sunak and all the tax payers for paying my wages, hopefully I can pay you all back with my hard work when I can work. ;)

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Looking at SSC there are very differing opinions on this one. I actually don't mind the tower but am not fussed about the hotel section, hopefully one that turns out better than the renders.

Those Masshouse buildings are looking desperate now. With it being such a prime location for HS2 I hope that whole plot will eventually be redeveloped into something more fitting for the area.
Yeah hopefully a 200 metre glass skyscraper :love:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Went into Birmingham yesterday for a wander, obviously it was much quieter than it would have normally been on such a nice day but I was surprised at how many people there were out and about. Around lunchtime the pubs in Brindleyplace looked to have a steady trade although the Mailbox was very quiet with many units still closed. I stayed away from the Bullring area so cant comment on the shops.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
I am curious as a born brummie, does this building have an identity yet? 103 Colmore Row does not inspire like those in the City of London such as Gherkin or Shard. Is this where the NATWEST building was?

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I am curious as a born brummie, does this building have an identity yet? 103 Colmore Row does not inspire like those in the City of London such as Gherkin or Shard. Is this where the NATWEST building was?
Yes that is correct and this is the location of the old Natwest building.

However for a city like Birmingham which compared to the city of London is like a small town, I think it is pretty impressive. Not many cities outside London are building developments like this and probably will be the last of its kind for a while due to the current crisis.

JENNYJET

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Subscriber
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
Hello Brum X, yes I was born in Birmingham, raised first 5 years in Northern Ireland due to father and military deployment then returned to Litchfield and Burntwood before returning to Harbourne and Quinton.

Now exiled in Worcestershire I see little of my home city, I would not recognise it beyond what BBC show each night. If Birmingham continues to grow towers, I may consider a visit as a tourist!

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Green light for new £25m Emerge Surf Birmingham park

A new £25 million surf park is to be built in the landlocked West Midlands after planning chiefs gave the project the green light.

Councillors from North Warwickshire unanimously consented to the Emerge Surf Birmingham project which will be built on 15 acres of vacant land west of Coleshill town centre.

First unveiled last summer, the project is set to create 100 jobs and bring up to £21 million in economic benefit to the region by attracting 250,000 visitors per year.

Facilities there will include a 5.4-acre surf lagoon and surf school, outdoor heated swimming pool, hub building, fitness studio and children's play area.

The operator will work in partnership with national governing body Surfing England to deliver tuition and charity Surf Life Saving Great Britain on a range of courses for water safety.

Read the full article here: Green light for new £25m Emerge Surf Birmingham park 1_TJR_BPO_190829emergesurf_01.jpg

Top Bottom