Not been to the Wesleyan Building since March !

I am the same Ian, not been back to my office on Cornwall Street since March and still on furlough, maybe I will go back in August but I think more September ?? Who bloody knows, lol

I have got used to not working now, love going to bed late and getting up late, lol. It is going to be so hard for me when I do have to go back.

Thanks Mr Sunak and all the tax payers for paying my wages, hopefully I can pay you all back with my hard work when I can work. ;)

Looking at SSC there are very differing opinions on this one. I actually don't mind the tower but am not fussed about the hotel section, hopefully one that turns out better than the renders.

Those Masshouse buildings are looking desperate now. With it being such a prime location for HS2 I hope that whole plot will eventually be redeveloped into something more fitting for the area.

Yeah hopefully a 200 metre glass skyscraper :love:

Went into Birmingham yesterday for a wander, obviously it was much quieter than it would have normally been on such a nice day but I was surprised at how many people there were out and about. Around lunchtime the pubs in Brindleyplace looked to have a steady trade although the Mailbox was very quiet with many units still closed. I stayed away from the Bullring area so cant comment on the shops.

103 Colmore Row.

This is going to be awesome when completed :love:

full

I am curious as a born brummie, does this building have an identity yet? 103 Colmore Row does not inspire like those in the City of London such as Gherkin or Shard. Is this where the NATWEST building was?

I am curious as a born brummie, does this building have an identity yet? 103 Colmore Row does not inspire like those in the City of London such as Gherkin or Shard. Is this where the NATWEST building was?

Yes that is correct and this is the location of the old Natwest building.

However for a city like Birmingham which compared to the city of London is like a small town, I think it is pretty impressive. Not many cities outside London are building developments like this and probably will be the last of its kind for a while due to the current crisis.

Hello Brum X, yes I was born in Birmingham, raised first 5 years in Northern Ireland due to father and military deployment then returned to Litchfield and Burntwood before returning to Harbourne and Quinton.

Now exiled in Worcestershire I see little of my home city, I would not recognise it beyond what BBC show each night. If Birmingham continues to grow towers, I may consider a visit as a tourist!

Green light for new £25m Emerge Surf Birmingham park

A new £25 million surf park is to be built in the landlocked West Midlands after planning chiefs gave the project the green light.

Councillors from North Warwickshire unanimously consented to the Emerge Surf Birmingham project which will be built on 15 acres of vacant land west of Coleshill town centre.

First unveiled last summer, the project is set to create 100 jobs and bring up to £21 million in economic benefit to the region by attracting 250,000 visitors per year.

Facilities there will include a 5.4-acre surf lagoon and surf school, outdoor heated swimming pool, hub building, fitness studio and children's play area.

The operator will work in partnership with national governing body Surfing England to deliver tuition and charity Surf Life Saving Great Britain on a range of courses for water safety.

Read the full article here: Green light for new £25m Emerge Surf Birmingham park View attachment 17030

What have they done? The open free space in front of the REP and the newer buildings taken by some kind of amenity, What is it? Hall of memory obliterated by what appears to be clutter, am I wrong?

What have they done? The open free space in front of the REP and the newer buildings taken by some kind of amenity, What is it? Hall of memory obliterated by what appears to be clutter, am I wrong?
Hi Jenny

From the air it does look that way, but on the ground it I now a nice set of distinct spaces. Previously it was too large...almost stalinistic...but more intimate now. Don't worry the Hall of Memory still stands out and indeed more so once the realignment of the route from Paradise is fully in place. The water feature is amazing.

Thank you Ian, put as you did, it is yet to be completed. Still, I cannot see a similar set up in Red Square, Moscow or similar spaces at least they did not place a glass pyramid like the one in Paris!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock