Greater Birmingham - Thread

Advertisement

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Great pictures, will aim to head in for a walkabout in the coming weeks.

Do we have any news about One Eastside?
One Eastside is going through a judicial review at present due to an objection from Nikal (Exchange Square) over the road. It looks like they have thrown there toys out of the pram due to a bigger taller tower being built opposite, lol. Only in Brum does stuff like this happen, he he he

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
One Eastside is going through a judicial review at present due to an objection from Nikal (Exchange Square) over the road. It looks like they have thrown there toys out of the pram due to a bigger taller tower being built opposite, lol. Only in Brum does stuff like this happen, he he he
Thanks mate (y)

I heard about the review but didn't realise that it was still ongoing. Lets hope for a successful conclusion soon.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Plans have been submitted for 'The Octagon'.

Really like this one (y)

And with an enhanced "Lighting Scheme" at the top. I really think this is the pinnacle tower Birmingham needs to create an awesome skyline. I really hope it gets built and the developers at the Paradise scheme appear to know what they are doing, unlike some other mickey mouse developers.

Vinny94

Dec 11, 2018
Birmingham

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

That takes me back, it really was grim.

As the designated driver I remember parking in there one evening when heading out to dinner. Predictably it wasn't long before I'd decided to get a taxi home and go back for the car the next morning. I was surprised to see it still there the next day, if it wasn't such an old banger it probably wouldn't have been :)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
And with an enhanced "Lighting Scheme" at the top. I really think this is the pinnacle tower Birmingham needs to create an awesome skyline. I really hope it gets built and the developers at the Paradise scheme appear to know what they are doing, unlike some other mickey mouse developers.
Something like that building in LA will do (y)

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
I count a tall building as one with red beacon aircraft warning lights to inform aircraft GET OUT OF THE WAY.

We currently have x 3 towers like this in Birmingham which are the BT Tower, Holloway Circus Tower and Bank Tower on Broad street.

I have been informed by the developers at 103 Colmore Row that this building will have 1 x red beacon warning light on top of the tower :love::love::love:

Not seen any images of The Mercian currently U/C but I am sure it will have some kind of warning lights as this will be officially Birmingham's tallest " habitable " building and also on the highest part of Birmingham City Centre ??

Advertisement

Top Bottom