So this is actually happening 😲

It is mate,

3 cranes at the end of june with the tallest being 174 metres. ;-)

The tallest crane TC1 will be erected from 03/07/23 and jumped to full height over the next 12 weeks

Application Details
  • Application Number2023/02897/PA
  • Application TypeDischarge Of Condition
  • Site Address135-143 Digbeth, 3-5 Park Street, 89-91 Allison Street and adjoining land off Allison Street and Well Lane Digbeth Birmingham B5 6DR
  • ProposalApplication to determine the details for condition number 19 (construction method statement/management plan) 33 (crane management strategy) 34 (boundary treatment) attached to approval 2018/04391/PA

Good times ahead

Soon I will have no more sun light in my flat which will be blocked out by the 30 storey tower, but I will take it to get this bloomin tower built.

View from my front windown, lol

149.jpg

113 metres!!!! Tiny. About time though. Is Regal Tower now dead in the water? Showing on Wikipedia now under unbuilt. I mean that is correct, but no longer proposed.

The old Regal Tower from the 2000s, yes that no longer has a chance of happening. The Bank was built on the site instead.

Of course it was. Thank you. Shame though as that would have given us our first 600 footer...although I am sure one will happen soon enough.

A different perspective of the Octagon Tower currently under construction. The Cental library roof top garden (definitely worth a visit for the views) will afford a great view of Octagon once complete.

Attachments

• 20230523_134920.jpg
    20230523_134920.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 4

The Octagon | Paradise | Residential | 49fl | 155m | U/C​

Important milestone as we have our first glazing/panels being installed on this iconic skyscraper ;-)

1686074503008-png.5273740

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/thre...idential-49fl-155m-u-c.2273045/post-183983142

I have often thought, if I bought Birmingham City Football Club, how would I run the club? I have a similar haircut to Tom Wagner, although I do not have an American accent. But watching him on Blues TV is like listening to my own vision for how the club, fans and city can act as one to awake the sleeping giant.

It is exciting. Thank you Tom and the very very best of times.

But you also need a JFK to BHX daily service...

I'm not sure where to post this.

A couple of days ago, I watched a YouTube video by an American (and student) ItJps. He has been visiting Germany and the UK (last summer he also visited the UK). All the cities that he visited, he was very enthusiastic about. Until that is he visited Birmingham. Did he experience the wonderful multi-culture of the city? Did he examine the excellent architecture? The array of museums and art galleries? The diverse and exciting range of restaurants in Birmingham ? No, he went to a very run down industrial area in Digbeth and portrayed that as 'Birmingham' (even though you could see the city skyline in the background). To say I was livid is an understatement.
I was going to post a link to the video, but it appears to have been removed from his channel (rightly so!). I can only believe he was put up to this, probably by someone who has never been to Brum. Everyone that I know who's has spent some time in the city has fallen in love with it. Even so, I don't think I'll be watching any more of his videos.

Birmingham -

You move me, you move me
With your buildings and your eyes
Autumn woods and winter skies
You move me, you move me
Open parks and city lights
Busy streets and dizzy heights
You call me, you call me.....

(adapted from 'The Analogue Kid' by Rush.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock