Ah Laphroaig! My favourite single malt. It's nice, on a warm sunny day to walk the path from Port Ellen along the South coast, passing Laphroaig, Lagavulin and then reaching Ardbeg in time for lunch! Then of course you still have Bowmore and all the other distilleries in the northern half of the island.

Joy of joys - and don't forget the friendly "Islay wave".

Don't really know which forum to put this
Does anyone know where the different types of aircraft on the fly past will hold before joining the formation as they fly across london today. I expect watching this on radar will be interesting too

I didn't want to start a thread for this so i'll post it here.
Does anyone know if there is a website that will tell you the best seats with good window alignment for filming and taking photos? As the last few flights i've had the window in an awkward alignment for filming.

I didn't want to start a thread for this so i'll post it here.
Does anyone know if there is a website that will tell you the best seats with good window alignment for filming and taking photos? As the last few flights i've had the window in an awkward alignment for filming.

You could try Seat Guru linked below.

It highlights seats that are missing a window etc but I'm not sure if it gives you enough detail about alignment for filming.

https://www.seatguru.com/

I hope this is ok for me too post here.
As many of you know my girlfriend is from the US and lives in Portland in Oregon and i've written about my trips over there quite a few times.
Although she lives in Oregon most of her family lives in California and one of her sisters lived in the town of Paradise which was burnt down a few days ago by the California Camp fire and her sister and partners house was burnt down as well and luckily they and their children made it out alive but with just the clothes on their backs and their home is now ash.
So my girlfriend has setup a GoFundMe page to help not just her sister but the town of Paradise rebuild. I'm not asking for donations but if anyone did that would be great, but could people share the link i've posted on their social media pages like ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- and twitter just to help raise the profile of the fund rainsing efforts for Paradise?
Thanks Jerry.
https://www.gofundme.com/r6uzdc-cam...eTWNIXGa5uX4c2XtzYooY90Y3c4LZO29IaeXnHAWky2XQ

OMG @Jerry that's terrible. Seeing the fires on TV is bad enough but you don't expect anyone you know will be affected by it. I do feel for all the families affected by the fires. As a western country we almost just expect they'll just be fine and federal money will find it's way there to help families affected by the fires but I suspect things will be very different in reality as more often than not governments ignore people in need once it's left the news headlines.

OMG @Jerry that's terrible. Seeing the fires on TV is bad enough but you don't expect anyone you know will be affected by it. I do feel for all the families affected by the fires. As a western country we almost just expect they'll just be fine and federal money will find it's way there to help families affected by the fires but I suspect things will be very different in reality as more often than not governments ignore people in need once it's left the news headlines.
This is the sister i haven't met yet (she has 3 others one of which is a step sister and a step brother, it's a complicated family! lol) but it is still quite shocking and kind of makes you take everything into perspective! Main thing is though that they weren't hurt and hopefully there'll be some sort of federal help for them to be able to rebuild.

Nope. To be honest, I don't even know why James Corden has decided to reboot it. Guessing his career in America isn't going to plan then?
I thought it might be to do more with the UK cast being skint (like Take That and the Spice Girls style) as James has done well as still is but I haven't heard much from any one else but Larry Lamb.

Shows how much TV I watch. Haven't even heard of them.
Like you, I watch very little television but one Christmas I seem to remember seeing an episode when we were staying with my wife's brother and his wife. Is it based in a South Wales seaside resort?

Does anyone know if there is anywhere i can get a photo of a Delta 717 without being in breach of copyright? It's for a trip report i'm working on, i want to use it as the thumbnail.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere i can get a photo of a Delta 717 without being in breach of copyright? It's for a trip report i'm working on, i want to use it as the thumbnail.

Wikipedia under Boeing 717 has a photo of a Delta 717. Free to use and redistribute under Creative Commons but requires attribution.

My local village - Penketh on the outskirts of Warrington - last year started a scarecrow festival. In the first year there were just over 30 entries, this year the number has increased to 65!!

One of the local farm shops has done a display based on Amelia Earhart and I thought I would include a photograph of the display.

View attachment 14721

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock