Once happened to me and family several years ago, coming back from holiday.
Only problem was that it was school run time and they couldn’t get any buses.
So they rushed us to the train station after collecting our luggage.
Train to Leeds bus to Lba aircraft on apron not amused

The trouble is how many people would be prepared to sit on the aircraft in say Liverpool just in hope of a weather improvement at LBA? You could sit there for two hours and still end up needing to be bussed home to LBA if the weather failed to improve.

Passenger safety will be paramount so yes suspect limits for empty aircraft are not as severe as when pax on board. And agree with Aviador about getting pax on their way ASAP by whatever means as wouldn’t it mean even more compo the longer the delay?

Embraer 190 manufacturers crosswind limits are: DRY 39kts, WET 33kts both Take off and landing. Ironically the B737-800W limits are DRY 33 WET 25 for take off and DRY 33 WET 33 for landing. Its how Manufacturers certify the aircraft.
Does the angle of the crosswind alter the limit or does a 1 degree crosswind have the same crosswind limit as a 10 degree crosswind limit? Surely there must be a difference?

type crosswind chart into google and you will see the graph which shows after 50 degrees between the runway heading and the direction the wind is coming from all the strength of the wind is crosswind.
Below that the crosswind component is less and can be calculated using the graph.
When the wind is gusting its normal to use the mean wind speed plus half of the gusting wind.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock