What's Cookin' ?

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
That's a shame. I love scallops. Had some many years back at a now long closed down restaurant in Lichfield. They were serve on black pudding and were delicious. I also love prawns (especially king prawns - I used to get Szechuan king prawns at a restaurant in Kings Heath. I'd have either that or the sweet and sour fish I mentioned above).

A few years ago I had some amazing Tandoori King Prawns at the Jilabi on the A45, I can't wait to be able to go back as take away just isn't the same.

I've tried lobster a couple of times and found it delicious. Once on holiday as a kid in St Ives, my Mom had it as a treat. I got to try some and it was so tasty. Another time, I was visiting my Sister in Australia. My Brother-in-law came home with a ready boiled lobster. It was cut in half and placed on the barbecue (how else do you cook in Australia?). Served with butter, it was unbelievably good.

We used to take the kids camping to Woolacombe in Devon and there is a lovely fish restaurant in a little village called Morthoe. They do take away sea food wrapped in foil ready to put straight on the BBQ, we've had everything from a whole sea bass, lobster tails, garlic mussels to something that they described as a 'tenticles medley' (octopus, squid and cuttlefish) and plenty more. Delicious and amazingly fresh.

I had the best mussels I've ever tasted in Australia. Maybe it was sat harbourside in Freemantle with the lovely Aussie wine free flowing that set the scene but they were amazing.

I'm hungry again now and I've only just polished off a roast dinner :)

rollo

Aug 26, 2014
Easter Monday and it bone chilling cold. So to treat myself, a Coffee and Walnut cake with a big glass of Sam Smith's of Tadcaster pale ale. Then destroy a large Easter Egg!

Not much cooking in that lot then our kid lol.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.