• Admin
The Weather Thread
LATEST.jpg
pexels-pixabay-53459.jpg
Discussions about weather...

Last edited:
Still no snow on the East Yorkshire coast. We have had a few brief Hail flurries, but within the last hour we have seen patches of blue sky.

It has finally arrived. We woke up this morning with a thin (2cm) covering. All paths and roads are clear now as we are only getting brief flurries of about a minute and we have even had sunshine on a couple of occasions.

Please humour me, we didn't get any snow at all last winter

At least you had a chance of seeing snow settle today. For a large swathe of the day, we had concurrent sunshine and snow in city centre Manchester

Where I live, we had what I would describe as Soft Hail, straight down rather than blown snow with the wind. It did not melt on contact but froze as it lay.

We are now entering the storm season here now we are post equinox and I am getting educated by watching the vast selection of YouTube videos of the storms we rarely see in UK.

Heck, the telly is so poor with offering I am forced to eat allocation of web data for entertainment, compensated with a large tumbler of Malbec.

If interested, go search 'Derecho ' storms in USA. I am fortunate to reside in UK!

Met. Office have begun issuing warnings from late Wednesday 16 June for severe thunderstorms for Southern Britain. Mention was made of a Spanish Plume and I believe those to be dangerous events.

Where be it hot if not NW Canada? Hot is fine if the end result is electrifying!

Last edited:
Too right and in further breaking news in six months time it will be cold,dark,damp,wet frosty, icy with outbreaks of snow and generally miserable. The technical name for these events is known as winter and happens every year.

Enjoy the sun while we can.

I can deal with the colder weather, when it gets too hot, I can't sleep and I start to get grumpy :ROFLMAO:

I can always get warmth in Winter but cooling down in summer is much harder and I feel for my Peggy as she suffers the heat badly being a stocky type and somewhat heavy! We adore Wintertime.

I don't understand why we don't use air conditioning more in the UK. It doesn't even have to be hot here for us to benefit as it can feel humid and sticky even with temperatures as low as 18'c.

I can deal with the colder weather, when it gets too hot, I can't sleep and I start to get grumpy :ROFLMAO:

According to my wife grumpy is my permanent state whatever the weather!

I don't understand why we don't use air conditioning more in the UK. It doesn't even have to be hot here for us to benefit as it can feel humid and sticky even with temperatures as low as 18'c.

Air conditioning? you need to be careful on that subject or you will have your best mates at the group that shall not be mentioned jumping up and down.

I use a portable air cooler, a bulky thing on wheels using a water tank as cooling agent but I add icepacks to boost coldness. Fans simply circulate warm air.

I feel for my Peggy as she suffers the heat badly being a stocky type and somewhat heavy!
My Sister used to have a German Shepard (Emma) who would pant heavily in hot weather. Dogs lose heat by panting, which evaporates saliva from their tongue (dogs don;'t have sweat glands, other than on the soles of their feet and so can't lose heat by sweating). This gave me the idea to give Emma an ice cube. She loved it, crunching on it and keeping it in her mouth as long as possible before dropping it only to pick it back up again very quickly. I took it a stage further by making ice cubes out of chicken stock to give them a meaty flavour (do be careful if using stock cubes as they can be high in salt).

Kevin

I have air-con in my shop, though it can be expensive to run and is kinda counterproductive seeing as I need to keep the windows and doors open to obey the "hands, face, space and fresh air" advice...

We had a heatwave last week and I eagerly awaited my reward of electric proportions but typically, everyone else get some but dear old Jenny gets sod all......watching weather radar showing pockets of activity together with my lightning detectors going barmy, still nothing.

I understand that severe weather has negative impact upon some and have experienced it myself but a humdinger storm is what sustains me during oppressive heat, the prospect of free entertainment!!

Am I alone? Video and Still cameras at the ready, batteries charged. and nothing!!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock