SNN will operate 2x weekly for S19 Seems like all the doom & gloom was a bit premature
I note that it will operate from the beginning of April in summer 2019 whereas this year it didn't commence until after the first week in May,

Days of operation have also changed from Mon and Thurs this year to Tues and Sat in summer 2019. The Sat rotation returns to BRS at 2305. The timings suggest the route will be operated by a BRS-based aircraft as it was this year.

Bergerac now on sale July and August. - mon and fridays. Venice reduces for those two months -
The same happened in summer 2018.

The difference this time is the times differ. Venice was an am Bergerac this year is an afternoon flight so not a direct replacement. Must be something else to come ..

The difference this time is the times differ. Venice was an am Bergerac this year is an afternoon flight so not a direct replacement. Must be something else to come ..
Reus?

Maybe but there is five Friday afternoon departures at moment - pmi , Ali, agp, egc and rzeszow

Genoa or Rome is my guess!
Genoa is not a Ryanair base and Red Flyer says the route will be operated by a non-based aircraft. It's not entirely clear whether it will be a new route for the airport or a new route for Ryanair from BRS.

So far as I can determine these are Ryanair bases in Italy (including autonomous regions such as Sicily and Sardinia).

Bergamo - already operated by Ryanair at Bristol year-round
Bologna - already operated by Ryanair at Bristol in summer
Pisa - already operated by easyJet at Bristol year-round
Rome FCO - already operated by easyJet at Bristol year-round
Rome CIA
Palermo
Catania - already operated by easyJet at Bristol year-round
Naples - already operated by easyJet and TUI at Bristol, the former year-round
Milan Malpensa
Bari
Trapani
Cagliari
Lamezia
Alghero
Brindisi
Pescara

Ryanair has operated these Italian routes from BRS in the past:
Cagliari
Treviso - moved to Venice MP apparently to compete with easyJet
Trieste
Turin - operated by easyJet and TUI in ski season from BRS at present
Rimini

Cagliari was one of a number of routes operated by Ryanair from BRS in summer 2009 at the time of the recession, not all to Italy. I wondered if the airline might try one or two again (easyJet is actually bringing back one of them itself this summer - Montpellier). Cagliari might be an option - bmi regional operated it for a tour operator in summer 2017 - and so might Rome, especially as Ryanair seems to be duplicating a number of easyJet routes at BRS, although Ryanair seems to operate its UK flights from Ciampino whereas the easyJet BRS route is to Fiumicino.

Bari is the other that might seem a possibility. I would also have suggested Milan MXP but is Ryanair likely to compete with itself at Bergamo? Having said all this it will probably turn out to be somewhere else. It's all all good fun guessing though.

I didn't realise Genoa wasn't a base! Though i think it'll probably be a copy of an Easyjet route it would be good for BRS for it to be something new.

I didn't realise Genoa wasn't a base! Though i think it'll probably be a copy of an Easyjet route it would be good for BRS for it to be something new.
Neither did I until I found what purports to be a list of current Ryanair bases. A further check came up with the surprising fact (surprising to me anyway) that Ryanair only operates to Stansted and Bari from Genoa.

It will be interesting to see the duration of the new Ryanair Italy flight when it's announced. Recent announcements such as Cardiff-Malaga and Manchester-Poitiers don't begin until June and last four and three months respectively. If it is a short season in peak summer a destination such as Cagliari might be more likely than, say, Rome albeit the latter is a highly popular destination in summer (and at most other times of the year as the easyJet route shows).

I'd have thought that if it was a full season flight then it would be onsale by now. So it could be only a June to September or October route.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock