Quick LBA4EVER impression here - it could be current infrastructure that’s holding them back! But they may be willing to offer more once they know the redevelopment is complete. But as WH mentions re night limits, we need MAX and NEO so we have even more night flights to well and truly **** off our dear little friends. With a new(ish) terminal and quiet(er) aircraft then LBA’s world becomes its oyster!

Surely that would depend on if TUI was to base one of those super quiet Boeing 737-Max8's at LBA?
According to LBA, yes, but that view has yet to be ratified by Leeds City Planning whilst of course the group that shall not be mentioned will certainly dispute it. Ultimately it will all come down to the wording of the original planning approval for the 24h ops and whether the movement limit relates specifically to aircraft that exceed a set decibel figure. The very fact that turbo props are excluded from the movement limit wouid suggest that is the case.

The terminal is however a limiting factor until extended. It's at capacity early morning . The terminal extension isn't likely to be operational until summer 2025 so if a TUi base might happen, that's the year to watch for.

According to LBA, yes, but that view has yet to be ratified by Leeds City Planning whilst of course the group that shall not be mentioned will certainly dispute it. Ultimately it will all come down to the wording of the original planning approval for the 24h ops and whether the movement limit relates specifically to aircraft that exceed a set decibel figure. The very fact that turbo props are excluded from the movement limit wouid suggest that is the case.

The terminal is however a limiting factor until extended. It's at capacity early morning . The terminal extension isn't likely to be operational until summer 2025 so if a TUi base might happen, that's the year to watch for.
I suppose we can't rule out the possibility that Tui wanted to increase flights or base aircraft at the airport but LBA turned them down.

Absolutely. We have a terminal and night flying limits at capacity. Something has to give for the time being. Let’s hope both are resolved soon, especially whether the MAX and NEO are exempt from night flying quotas. Whilst in one respect it’s not a nice situation to be in it does show the demand is there and that certain incumbent carriers seem to want to tap into that demand. If only some of the national carriers could also see that.........

I'm confused by those timings of DLM flight?!

They do not seem to work. A change in the schedule will be required

I'm baffled as much as you too, but I've just took a screen shot to show you what's timings are showing on the TUi website.

I wonder if they are going to do an aircraft swap at LBA due to crewing hours?

Eg
Aircraft 1 = MAN-DLM-LBA then positions LBA-MAN
Aircraft 2 = Positions MAN-LBA then LBA-DLM-MAN

Screenshot_20230107-135306.png

Absolutely. We have a terminal and night flying limits at capacity. Something has to give for the time being. Let’s hope both are resolved soon, especially whether the MAX and NEO are exempt from night flying quotas. Whilst in one respect it’s not a nice situation to be in it does show the demand is there and that certain incumbent carriers seem to want to tap into that demand. If only some of the national carriers could also see that.........
First things first...we need to know what the outcome of the night time quota challenge is.

I'm baffled as much as you too, but I've just took a screen shot to show you what's timings are showing on the TUi website.

I wonder if they are going to do an aircraft swap at LBA due to crewing hours?

Eg
Aircraft 1 = MAN-DLM-LBA then positions LBA-MAN
Aircraft 2 = Positions MAN-LBA then LBA-DLM-MAN

View attachment 27439

It’s exactly what I thought. But that adds a cost that isn’t required that could be avoided. But then a W from MAN to DLM would mean aircraft setting off from MAN around 7am not getting back until 0430 next day, then, undesirable OB flight times for LBA customers.

Depends on costs of getting the Turkish operator to do it versus what they’ve got planned.

I think they are clearly going to operate a flight out of MAN. Likewise they do short flight somewhere then onto LBA and onto DLM and back. It’ll also benefit MAN as they’ll sell the early AM MAN DLM and late PM DLM MAN at a premium. It’s all costs versus benefit.

I imagine the timings will change to make MAN-DLM-LBA-DLM-MAN work using one aircraft. They did w-patterns to DLM last summer. The cost of positioning an aircraft in would be unnecessary and I suspect it would cause more issues re needing to have more capacity in the schedule. Plus, if the aircraft positioning in was delayed on its previous flight (not unlikely on MAN routes in particular), that would create even more issues for the LBA flight.

If not a Turkish operator then it will be a W leg from MAN. Thomas Cook used to do W legs into LBA on their Turkish routes but can’t recall if the a/c originated in MAN or not - think it may have been NCL. Only other outside option, as I think may have been hinted at is an extra destination so we have something like:
MAN-IBZ-LBA-DLM-MAN
MAN-DLM-LBA-IBZ-MAN
That would make the arrivals into IBZ and DLM less unattractive from LBA and also get both aircraft back to MAN at slightly less unsociable hours

Forgive me but they don’t have IBZ same day?! Or at all. PMI would be a good option.

Perhaps

MAN-MAH-MAN- (MAN-LBA) - LBA-DLM-MAN

MAN-DLM-LBA- (LBA-MAN) - MAN-CFU-MAN.

Can charge premium at the MAN end for those flight times. Use the same pilots to do MAN-LBA-MAN and keeps the times attractive for the Yorkshire market.

I however do like your idea @Finger66 of using the aircraft and changing them about at LBA. Change IBZ to PMI ☺️And think there into a winner.

I’ve just noticed that the Sunday DLM flights this summer have now changed to a morning departure. So we will have 2 Freebirds on the ground at the same time. On the TUI website the DLM/AYT flights are still showing “other carrier” atm but I think somebody has posted the Freebird flight numbers on here already.

I’ve just noticed that the Sunday DLM flights this summer have now changed to a morning departure. So we will have 2 Freebirds on the ground at the same time. On the TUI website the DLM/AYT flights are still showing “other carrier” atm but I think somebody has posted the Freebird flight numbers on here already.

Yeap been like that for some time.

TUI Summer 2023 LBA schedule

TOM
- TUI Airways UK
FHY - Freebird

Tuesdays
TOM3251 = PMI 12:05 – LBA 13:50 / TOM3250 = LBA 15:20 – PMI 19:00 = B738 02/05-31/10
Wednesdays
FHY0515 = AYT 06:00 – LBA 08:30 / FHY0516 = LBA 09:30 – AYT 16:00 = A320 31/05-27/09
TOM3359 = PMI 11:00 – LBA 12:45 / TOM3358 = LBA 14:15 – PMI 17:55 = B738 24/05-27/09
FHY0621 = DLM 16:40 – LBA 19:00 / FHY0622 = LBA 20:00 – DLM 02:20* = A320 24/05-27/09
Thursdays
TOM3451 = DBV 11:30 – LBA 13:35 / TOM3450 = LBA 14:35 – DBV 18:25 = B738 04/05-26/10
Fridays
TOM3551 = CFU 12:35 – LBA 14:05 / TOM3550 = LBA 15:05 – DBV 20:40 = B738 05/05-27/10
Saturdays
TOM3619 = PMI 11:00 – LBA 12:45 / TOM3618 = LBA 14:20 – PMI 18:00 = B738 24/05-27/09
Sundays
FHY0621 = DLM 06:00 – LBA 08:20 / FHY0622 = LBA 09:20 – DLM 15:40 = A320 28/05-27/09
FHY0515 = AYT 06:00 – LBA 08:30 / FHY0516 = LBA 09:30 – AYT 16:00 = A320 28/05-24/09

* Denotes arrives at destination airport early hours following morning.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock