If the ban was already in place yesterday afternoon I am surprised that the return flight to Islamabad was allowed to depart yesterday. We still have to comply with all European Union flight rules during the transition period this year. I see it left nearly four hours late, having arrived only twenty-five minutes late. Was this due to negotiation on whether they could fly? Took a standard route home, not avoiding EU airspace.
Will they be able to wet lease an aircraft before the next scheduled flight at the weekend? Plenty available at the moment!

If the ban was already in place yesterday afternoon I am surprised that the return flight to Islamabad was allowed to depart yesterday. We still have to comply with all European Union flight rules during the transition period this year. I see it left nearly four hours late, having arrived only twenty-five minutes late. Was this due to negotiation on whether they could fly? Took a standard route home, not avoiding EU airspace.
Will they be able to wet lease an aircraft before the next scheduled flight at the weekend? Plenty available at the moment!

Depends from when the ban takes effect. Even if it was immediate I would imagine the rules would let airlines fly aircraft out of the EU if they'd flown in before the ban.

TBH given the suppressed demand post-Covid, I doubt PIA will even wet lease aircraft in to operate the routes. At best they'd probably serve just 1 of LHR, BHX or MAN, with little chance of it being BHX.

Depends from when the ban takes effect. Even if it was immediate I would imagine the rules would let airlines fly aircraft out of the EU if they'd flown in before the ban.

TBH given the suppressed demand post-Covid, I doubt PIA will even wet lease aircraft in to operate the routes. At best they'd probably serve just 1 of LHR, BHX or MAN, with little chance of it being BHX.

Ban takes effect on 4th July

They have two flights to Europe today (1st)

Ban takes effect on 4th July

They have two flights to Europe today (1st)
PIA's own Twitter a/c advises eff. 1st July, but flights operating to LHR and MXP today, both currently in the air. FR24 blog post states ' It is unclear if the airline has received special dispensation from EASA or the UK CAA for this and other flights.' with ref to the LHR service.

It might be Pegasus Airlines with a possible stop over in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen. Using a mix of A320neos & A321neos. TBH I think the A321neo has the range for Pakistan to the UK so a spot over might not happen. I am still waiting on the website for booking & it should say.

Pakistan International Airlines from mid-August 2020 is resuming service to the UK, with leased Airbus A330-300 aircraft from HiFly. Interim schedule for the UK sees the airline operating to/from Islamabad.

Planned August 2020 schedule as follows.

Islamabad – Birmingham A330-300 operates on 29AUG20
PK9791 ISB1230 – 1600BHX 333
PK9792 BHX2000 – 0845+1ISB 333

Info credit to https://www.routesonline.com/news/3...onal-august-2020-uk-operations-as-of-05aug20/ (y)

Lets kope so.

Sources said that Pegasus Airlines under the said code-sharing agreement would not only facilitate PIA passengers to Birmingham, London, Milan, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Oslo, but it would also offer over 25 other EU destinations, including the ones in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Greece.

They said that PIA under this agreement would book full ticket to the desired destination of the passengers and would take them to Sabiha Gokcen International Airport in Istanbul from where they would embark on their onward travel by Pegasus Airlines to their final destinations.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock