Pakistan International Airlines

Advertisement

kfs

May 11, 2018
Devon
If the ban was already in place yesterday afternoon I am surprised that the return flight to Islamabad was allowed to depart yesterday. We still have to comply with all European Union flight rules during the transition period this year. I see it left nearly four hours late, having arrived only twenty-five minutes late. Was this due to negotiation on whether they could fly? Took a standard route home, not avoiding EU airspace.
Will they be able to wet lease an aircraft before the next scheduled flight at the weekend? Plenty available at the moment!

Coathanger16

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2016
Horsham
If the ban was already in place yesterday afternoon I am surprised that the return flight to Islamabad was allowed to depart yesterday. We still have to comply with all European Union flight rules during the transition period this year. I see it left nearly four hours late, having arrived only twenty-five minutes late. Was this due to negotiation on whether they could fly? Took a standard route home, not avoiding EU airspace.
Will they be able to wet lease an aircraft before the next scheduled flight at the weekend? Plenty available at the moment!
Depends from when the ban takes effect. Even if it was immediate I would imagine the rules would let airlines fly aircraft out of the EU if they'd flown in before the ban.

TBH given the suppressed demand post-Covid, I doubt PIA will even wet lease aircraft in to operate the routes. At best they'd probably serve just 1 of LHR, BHX or MAN, with little chance of it being BHX.

jon01

Mar 23, 2014
Depends from when the ban takes effect. Even if it was immediate I would imagine the rules would let airlines fly aircraft out of the EU if they'd flown in before the ban.

TBH given the suppressed demand post-Covid, I doubt PIA will even wet lease aircraft in to operate the routes. At best they'd probably serve just 1 of LHR, BHX or MAN, with little chance of it being BHX.
Ban takes effect on 4th July

They have two flights to Europe today (1st)

kfs

May 11, 2018
Devon
Ban takes effect on 4th July

They have two flights to Europe today (1st)
PIA's own Twitter a/c advises eff. 1st July, but flights operating to LHR and MXP today, both currently in the air. FR24 blog post states ' It is unclear if the airline has received special dispensation from EASA or the UK CAA for this and other flights.' with ref to the LHR service.

Ryan Kirkpatrick

Dec 15, 2018
Walsall
It might be Pegasus Airlines with a possible stop over in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen. Using a mix of A320neos & A321neos. TBH I think the A321neo has the range for Pakistan to the UK so a spot over might not happen. I am still waiting on the website for booking & it should say.

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Pakistan International Airlines from mid-August 2020 is resuming service to the UK, with leased Airbus A330-300 aircraft from HiFly. Interim schedule for the UK sees the airline operating to/from Islamabad.

Planned August 2020 schedule as follows.

Islamabad – Birmingham A330-300 operates on 29AUG20
PK9791 ISB1230 – 1600BHX 333
PK9792 BHX2000 – 0845+1ISB 333

Info credit to https://www.routesonline.com/news/3...onal-august-2020-uk-operations-as-of-05aug20/ (y)

Top Bottom