Still good to see they haven't canned the route completely for the remainder of the summer. Even a week of potential routes would help people get to where they want to be and to even a few days holiday on a lovely island.

Aurigny Air Services will again operate a 2+ return Guernsey to Leeds/Bradford flights during the December 2020 festive period using ATR72-600 aircraft.

December 2020
Wed 23rd
= AUR664 = GCI 17:15 - LBA 18:45 / AUR665 = LBA 19:15 - GCI 20:55
Mon 28th = AUR664 = GCI 14:40 - LBA 16:10 / AUR665 = LBA 16:40 - GCI 18:20

Flights are now on sale at Aurigny.com

Looks like Aurginy are entering into a partnership Eastern Airways to offer codeshare agreement through its Southampton base. I'm not sure if this will have any effect Aurigny's direct Leeds/Bradford - Guernsey service, but it may well help add some pax on Eastern's Leeds/Bradford - Southampton on the days the direct flights don't operate,

I suppose it depends on how someone views good news. Reducing weekly frequencies from four to two, whatever the reason, might not immediately be seen as good news by some people. Obviously it's better than reducing four to nil. Perhaps we should have something called 'not as bad as it might have been news'.

It's a bit like the football manager who says there are positives to be taken from a match after his team has lost 6-0. The only positive I could ever see was that it wasn't 7-0.

I suppose it depends on how someone views good news. Reducing weekly frequencies from four to two, whatever the reason, might not immediately be seen as good news by some people.

Aurigny didn't even operate in 2020, whilst summer 2019 it was only 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat) using mainly the older & smaller ATR42.

Actually 2x weekly (Mon &. Fri) frequency is not as bad as you might think! It will allow for long weekends or full week breaks. Plus they will now be using the brand new, larger ATR72-600's so seating capacity on the route is up.

46 x 3+ ATR42-500 = 138 (2019)
72 x 2+ ATR72-600 = 144 (2021)

Last edited:
Sadly it's now looking like Aurigny Air Services have also further delayed the restart of their 2x weekly (Mon & Fri) summer seasonal Leeds/Bradford to Guernsey route until Monday, July 19th.

Last edited:
That is disappointing as I was looking forward to getting a catch of their new ATR’s

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock