We've seen many whacky proposals in Leeds, some good lookers, some not so good. I'm sure architects use Leeds as a test bed for their moch renders. Kissing towers to the Spiricle, they never get built.

Well this one is being unveiled at MIPIM (Even though ive just unveiled it for them, LOL) and they hope to have it built by 2021 :unsure:

New student tower proposed - Hume House, 111.5m in height

ncPgMS5.jpg

I've only just found out. Finally something for Leeds. I've said all along it needed to go Leeds or Birmingham. No disrespect to Manchester but it's Leeds' or Birmingham's turn for piece of the pudding.

Thanks for the Leeds update @Brum X It's much appreciated. I need to get my lazy bum down there for a change and do a full photo update to this thread. There's a fair bit happening right now. We are in need of a few more quality builds to drowned out some of naughty norties.

Thanks for the Leeds update @Brum X It's much appreciated. I need to get my lazy bum down there for a change and do a full photo update to this thread. There's a fair bit happening right now. We are in need of a few more quality builds to drowned out some of naughty norties.

And you have a 37 storey scraper U/C (y)

I'm a little rusty on the detail but I think that will become Leeds' highest building. (Highest, not tallest) ...but I'd need to check.

I'm a little rusty on the detail but I think that will become Leeds' highest building. (Highest, not tallest) ...but I'd need to check.

I'm here to help Aviador :smug:

3rd Tallest = Sky Plaza - 348ft (106 metres)

2nd Tallest = Bridgewater Place - 367ft (112 metres)

New Tallest (JUST) = Hulme House - (114.3 metres)

Hope this helps

And on Leeds City Centre ridge will look very tall from a distance.

Thanks you know your stuff! In that case it will be significantly higher on the Leeds skyline as Bridgewater Place sits low near the river Aire. I'm hoping it will blot out the view of Opal Tower nearby. I hate that building.

View attachment 12917

I really like it Aviador, I wonder if it will have aircraft warning lights on the top given Leeds high platform ?

Sorry I mist the question, yes it will for sure. The centre of Leeds is approximately 8 miles as the crow flies from runway 32 at LBA. Just about everything over 20 or so storeys has red warning lights. I think Sky Plaza has a flashing red light just to be different.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock