That site has been earmarked for years for all sorts of projects including moving coach station to it, I hope someone makes the move & builds something top class

Plans for Moda's second Birmingham site have been made public today. Including a 39-storey tower and several smaller blocks. Located at the "bomb site" on Great Charles Queensway. :love:

And guess what it is located right opposite my office window, happy days forum.

The last image looks like a great place to relax during lunch breaks, love all the greenery and nature.

The last image looks like a great place to relax during lunch breaks, love all the greenery and nature.

It will be a game changer for this side of the city centre Vinny94, now all they need to do is improve how we get there becouse at the moment you have a choice of a grotty flooded graffiti trodden subway or a windswept bridge over the queensway.

Maybe we should make some wings, stick them on and fly over the queensway :unsure:

Over to you Birmingham City Council ?

:ROFLMAO:

Plans to increase the capacity of Resorts World Arena to more than 21,000 ahead of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games have been submitted.

NEC Group is seeking the go-ahead for the proposals which would grow the venue's capacity by about 6,000 to a target of 21,600 if the go-ahead is granted by Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.

The plans would also result in the number of employees increasing from 29 full-time and 584 part-time to 32 and 768 respectively.

The work would include the partial demolition of the arena and internal and external reconfiguration, an extension and external refurbishment works.

The existing arena roof would be removed and replaced with a higher, larger volume roof that also contains a new upper tier of seating incorporating enhanced hospitality facilities with a new concourse together with new entrances and exits.

A document submitted to the council on behalf of the applicant said: "The core objective of the expansion project is to maintain the successful brand of the Resorts World Arena and continue to be positioned in the top five of UK venues, and to be a flagship venue for the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games.

"It shall be vibrant and active, be loved by local people and provide employment for local people; contributing to the life of the NEC Campus generally, the city, its people and visitors well into the future

"While the arena undertook a major refurbishment that was completed in 2009, the ongoing trend for the enhancement of productions has highlighted existing limitations with regard to hosting some events.

"This is primarily due to the lack of height within the building and rigging load capacity from the current roof."

View from the stage, showing the new higher tier of seating.

Arena view with seating.

The Mercian Tower | 42 fl (132m) Residential Tower

42 storey mixed-use development comprising of a thirty-nine storey residential building (from studios to three bedroom apartments) which will sit on a three storey podium. This development also comprises:
• 'MODA Works' Offices
• A Gym
• Residents Lounge, with 24-hour concierge service and
• External Amenity in the form of a 200m outdoor running track

The Mercian Tower | 42 fl (132m) Residential Tower

42 storey mixed-use development comprising of a thirty-nine storey residential building (from studios to three bedroom apartments) which will sit on a three storey podium. This development also comprises:
• 'MODA Works' Offices
• A Gym
• Residents Lounge, with 24-hour concierge service and
• External Amenity in the form of a 200m outdoor running track

Brum X you are a legend for providing all of these snaps and snippets. Thank you for doing so. Brilliant stuff.

I will continue to stroll around our city for as long as I can, life in the city continues as normal FOR NOW :unsure:

Thanks for the pics again, Brum X. I really must have a look around Birmingham when we oldies are finally released from house arrest, hopefully sometime later this summer.

I can't help thinking that this virus with all its ramifications is like a tale from science fiction, or perhaps something that the late Tom Clancy might have dreamed up for one of his novels, although he would have ascribed a political dimension to its source.

Thanks for the pics again, Brum X. I really must have a look around Birmingham when we oldies are finally released from house arrest, hopefully sometime later this summer.

I can't help thinking that this virus with all its ramifications is like a tale from science fiction, or perhaps something that the late Tom Clancy might have dreamed up for one of his novels, although he would have ascribed a political dimension to its source.

You are most welcome TLY and lets hope this crisis is over sooner rather than later.

As life must carry on in these strange times, a much needed walk in the sunshine was very welcome today but for how much longer.

103 Colmore Row Update.

Looks like the winter garden at street level is being scrapped and kept open - better in my opinion

Basically the glazing will not cover the overhang part in front of the entrance and will instead be open, we have also got a new hanging sculpture artwork proposed here

What are people's thoughts, personally I like it as it opens up the front of the tower rather than being enclosed by glass.

The sculpture is called Equinox = Equinox combines two figures neatly ‘stacked’ on top of each other. Each figure symbolises a polar opposite: night vs day, summer vs winter, fall vs springtime, harmony vs discord. The figures are inverse cylinders, joined along a red line of cosmic equilibrium, or Equinox.

Hope that helps and keep safe everybody. X

#socialdistancing

What are people's thoughts, personally I like it as it opens up the front of the tower rather than being enclosed by glass.

I agree and like it too for the same reason.

It would be nice if a little coffee shop, or even a coffee van, could be added with some outside seating, just to give the space a bit of life.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock