Yes, a useful purpose for the building. We have a Lido at Droitwich Spa near to the Roman brine baths but is constantly under threat of closure for lack of use, the British weather being an excuse but no patrons mean no admission charges and the council complain about the drain upon council funds. The closing due to Covid is an incidental rather than a trend.

The Housing Secretary has given the green light to the development in Digbeth/Camp Hill.

Do we know if this will potentially affect the expansion of rail services to Moor Street?

0_TJR_BPO_210309eutopia_02.jpg

I do not know the reasons for the expansion of services at Moor Streef, not the most inviting of stations and access is hardly excellent, unless of course there is to be a link to Curzon and HS2. The tower block is nice though!

The Housing Secretary has given the green light to the development in Digbeth/Camp Hill.

Do we know if this will potentially affect the expansion of rail services to Moor Street?

0_TJR_BPO_210309eutopia_02.jpg

The expansion of services into Moor Street is dependent on building some chords (links) between the Snow Hill Line and the Camp Hill Line. This proposal was previously rejected over concerns that it would interfere with the chords.

As I understand it, there are a number of options for building the chords and this development would prevent some, but not all, of them.

I do not know the reasons for the expansion of services at Moor Streef, not the most inviting of stations and access is hardly excellent, unless of course there is to be a link to Curzon and HS2. The tower block is nice though!

The "reason" for expanding services into Moor Street is primarily to reduce the load at New Street, but as a secondary reason to improve access/connections to the new HS2 station at Curzon Street. With the construction of the chords, it would allow cross country services from the South West to the North East to serve Moor Street rather than New Street. This would give passengers from those areas better access to HS2 services. Some services from the East Midlands could also switch to Moor Street.

As for Moor Street Station itself, prior to the refurbishment of New Street, it was frankly the best station in Birmingham (I live close to the Chiltern Line so have plenty of experience using Moor Street). Even now it's still far better than Snow Hill. There are proposals to expand the station with new platforms, an expanded concourse and a new link bridge which would provide access to the HS2 station at Curzon Street:

1615371207629.png
1615371223332.png

Has the potential to become the Kings Cross/St Pancras of Birmingham.

A Kings Cross at Birmingham? That would be nice and I concede Moor Street is on one level making life easier for myself and others with significant mobility issues. I shall be watching progress. Excellent response from Coathanger16!

At last the BBC branching out of London and Salford

About time! The BBC has hit Birmingham hard over the years, first with the closure of Pebble Mill studios and then the transfer of documentary production to Bristol.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock