The problem with User001 is that he has such deep sources of information!!

We would be a much poorer forum without his input.

I think it's safe to assume that we are all here reading but only speak when we have something to say.

User has more to say than others.

Quite right Aces. My impression Brum X is that on your BHX forum someone drops a hint about a possible new route and it leads to 3 pages of speculation. Nothing wrong with that if it's what readers enjoy but perhaps we are a little more patient here on the MAN forum. :)

What I will say is that it's great when a forum does have someone like User (or Ian F for BHX) with insider information even if they can't always disclose full details for reasons of confidentiality of information not yet in the public domain.

Back to topic. Good news if TK are reintroducing a 3rd frequency on some days. Turkey is an important market so
after the downturn it's reassuring if demand is picking up again. TK also offer lots of transfer possibilities of course.

A330 on the PM flight 19th Oct.

Only some J class seats left on a few other flights too, so could see an A330 added there too.

I think it's safe to assume that we are all here reading but only speak when we have something to say.

User has more to say than others.

Sometime ago I paid for a "like/thanks" modification especially for that reason. If somebody appreciate a post but maybe they have nothing more to add but they can still send a quick thanks for the post to show the author appreciation. It's also imbed into the photo gallery but rarely do people use it.

TK A330 use has been extended again in Dec/Jan. To recap:

Dec:
13 sees A330 on morning flight
14 sees A330 on afternoon flight
16th sees B77W on afternoon flight
19-24 sees A330 on afternoon flight
27 A330 PM flight

Jan:
1st sees double daily A330
2-7 sees A330 on PM flight.

Likely to be more added given the price and loading of so,e other fligts.

It is incredible how quickly the airline industry rebounds from geopolitical issues. Turkish and The MEB3 starting to replace capacity lost, QR's reaction to the political dispute in the Middle East, and the way airlines are replacing lost Monarch capacity.

I'm not au fait with Air Berlin's situation, but that feels like it's moving quickly. Alitalia feels like it's in a permanent state of limbo, perpetually loosing money.

Trying to think of the last time we had a sustained period of widebodied scheduled flights by a European (non-British) airline (as opposed to charter services and the ad-hoc ones like Icelandair). They've been few and far between.. Swissair started A310 ops in 1987, KLM had A310s on Monday mornings and Friday lunchtimes in the early 1980s (they were DC8 services!) and what I believe to be the last ones.. Aer Lingus with their winter 1994/1995 service with A330s to Shannon and New York (EI112/EI111)

Given the extent of ad-hoc A330s ops in December, I do wonder if they will decide to operate 3 weekly A330s on TK1995 throughout the whole of the month. I wonder if/when the plan to add back the extra 5 weekly services will come true.

Turkish will up 24 various dates from A321 to A330/B777 during Jul/Aug/Sep. This is in addition to the planned A330 Mon, Wed, Fri on the afternoon service.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock