It was working again until late this afternoon and has now failed once more
All inbounds are being advised to expect NDB/DME approaches

One or two new voices in LBA ATC this morning. Always good to hear, provided existing staff aren't leaving.

Following the CAA rejection of LBAs last airspace review proposals, the airport has started the process again and has now issued a consultation document to stakeholders asking their views on the various options available. Such consultations will be repeated throughout the various stages of the process.

The airspace review is to meet CAA requirements and intended to remove airspace bottlenecks, reduce noise and emissions, and minimise disturbance for people living in flight paths. Also to better utilise the capabilities of modern aircraft,. with such as constant climbing on departure and constant descent on arrival.

Whether or not its possible is another thing but the only thing I would suggest is using more than one departure track to reduce the noise impact in places like Burley In Wharfedale.

Whether or not its possible is another thing but the only thing I would suggest is using more than one departure track to reduce the noise impact in places like Burley In Wharfedale.
But all that would do is bring about another bunch of people who will complain about aircraft flying overhead. Despite a reduction in aircraft movements, it's highly unlikely that the anti airport minority in Burley/ Menston will be satisfied, whilst these on the new flight path will join their ranks.
That said, what you suggest is on the options list and the representatives if those areas will be able to have their say.

I think essentially as you described in the original consultation as a steeper climb out on 32 and down to the east of the city would impact the least number of people. Now I know some might say, but that got rejected? Not necessarily as it could've been other aspects of the application that caused it to fail. The airport described the previous application as something along the lines of sloppy. I know on this occasion LBA is trying to align what it is trying to do with Manchester who are also making changes at the same time. A departure route east of the city might work better with Manchester traffic too whereas the current departure track might not. In anycase its not something I'm hugely concerned about. Basically if the airport can find something that works better for all concerned then I'll be happy.

Not LBA related but I'm picking up Manchester Tower on 119.4 MHz this morning - and I'm in Yeadon! Must be the large anticyclone doing its stuff.

Edit: I've just heard Tug 59 push and tow a Jet2 757. I even recognised the tug driver's voice (Merseyside accent)! It appears 119.4 is band boxed with the GMC frequency.

Last edited:
Interference on the primary radar frequency again this morning. It always sounds exactly the same from one occurrence to another. It can't be related to the current anticyclone as it was happening last week when there was a low pressure system. I wonder if pilots ever notice it and, if so, whether they report it ?

Interference on the primary radar frequency again this morning. It always sounds exactly the same from one occurrence to another. It can't be related to the current anticyclone as it was happening last week when there was a low pressure system. I wonder if pilots ever notice it and, if so, whether they report it ?
Maybe connected to solar storm activity? There's been a fair bit recently with Northern Lights visible as far South as Northumberland. Just a thought. Haven't a clue really.

It's a phenomenon that usually affects the upper part of the airband, i.e. 134 mhz upwards so often heard on the East Midlands and Manchester radar frequencies too. Might explain why those frequencies are largely unused.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

I've asked Gareth Southgate for the winning lottery numbers. He said 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Aviador wrote on VC10's profile.
Thank you once again for your contribution to the running costs of Forums4airports. It's much appreciated.
Come On You England Boys
New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock