And if the YEP isn't bad enough, Leeds Live just stooped to a new low.

First the good news - they got the airlines correct.

Then the bad news - they confirmed the routes to Belfast then went on to detail the current quarantine restrictions imposed by the Irish Government but suggested that these new flights to Belfast were a positive sign that the restrictions night soon end.
Conclusion? The journalist doesn't know that Belfast is in the UK and Irish Government rules do not apply.

How the hell do these people get a job??

Aren’t alot of these journalists anti LBA? If so it just sums it all up. “Clueless”. Are there any school places left for the clueless news reporters? If so the Yorkshire lot need to go back there badly and learn the basic facts.

On a serious note though it can be confusing for people who see that and know that there are more options to pick from LBA and can mislead them which doesn’t help anything.

PR for Leeds Bradford Airport is out sourced and done by an agency whom are office based in a Leeds City Centre.
That makes it even worse then, paying a company for nothing by the looks of it. There is still no full press release from the airport about either route on any platform yet another 24 hours later.

All it needs now is for the YEP to inform us EasyJet will be using Concorde on the route. Now that would give the group that shall not be mentioned something to think about!
It wouldn’t surprise me at this rate if that would happen. It’s how clueless they are so at some point they be saying it’s an aircraft that is no longer operating.

I’m sure soon when Jet2 hope to start some flights again they’ll be saying the 747 will be used.

You can't operate E170/190s practically into LHR. There are some very sizeable penalties in the LHR charging structure because the 170/190 are relatively noisy aeroplanes in comparison to their size. The E-Jets are charged much higher landing fees than an A320 or even an A380 as a result. Any proposition of using 170/190s into LHR is an unworkable basketcase.

Most airlines have a clear plan as to where they're going to put their aircraft when they're all flying again. Very few will commit a full aircraft and crews to something unproven or that needs a big amount of work to develop it - they'll either get rid of the aircraft or have a sure-fire home for it. Adding an extra off-peak flight on an existing aircraft like Eastern's SOU-RNS on the ATR72 or Loganair's LDY-LPL on the E145 is a very different ballgame to needing to newly base aircraft and crews for a full schedule.

Sun express could soon announce 2 new UK destinations. I hope it’s LBA.

What do you think?
Well my feeling is that I hope LBA is on their list but I don’t know.

I think Liverpool could be one destination as it was not long ago they were having talks with LPL. The second option who knows?… but hopefully it might be LBA for a change as we could do with more to Turkey flights and choices aswell as a Turkish operater coming to LBA.

would be a great one for LBA lets keep fingers crossed. also worth noting its the World Routes meeting in Milan and I know LBA are attending.. lets hope they can have some successful meetings.

Don't get excited about Sun Express, they have just announced flights to MAN/LGW - see relevant thread for details.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock