Was flying to Palma and back in June on Ryanair - however they changed departure time of return flight to 07:30 from 13:45 so had to cancel this leg. Friendly low fares wanted £400 for flight back to LBA on same day (2 pax) so coming back from Manchester now which is less convenient but actually cheaper than original flight even including taxi and at an acceptable time.

Just been looking at LBA - ARN in August and KLM are wanting around £400 return in the cheap seats - in BA's sale a single is £100 or £189 in Club - surely there must be room at LBA for some fresh blood to stimulate growth and competition!

Just been looking at LBA - ARN in August and KLM are wanting around £400 return in the cheap seats - in BA's sale a single is £100 or £189 in Club - surely there must be room at LBA for some fresh blood to stimulate growth and competition!

Are you thinking Orange there AirBingley by any chance or who did you have in mind?

I think so - I nearly passed out when KLM wanted £400 for an economy 'bucket' ticket to Sweden in August - used some Avios and got BA Club for just over £100 and flying back to Man with SAS in plus for little over £100. One of our fellow forum members said Easyjet like to be No1/2 at an airport well now with FR's cuts this is much more of a possibility and an incentive especially with the massive deal / clout AMP must have with them at other airports. I'm in danger of going off topic but wonder if FR who are cost hungry asked for cost reductions at LBA and management said no because they need the money for the terminal. FR's cuts in the long term could be a real game changer if management think big. I'd like to think that route news is absent because management are not chasing scraps here and there and trying for something bigger which will take more work and longer.

I think so - I nearly passed out when KLM wanted £400 for an economy 'bucket' ticket to Sweden in August - used some Avios and got BA Club for just over £100 and flying back to Man with SAS in plus for little over £100. One of our fellow forum members said Easyjet like to be No1/2 at an airport well now with FR's cuts this is much more of a possibility and an incentive especially with the massive deal / clout AMP must have with them at other airports. I'm in danger of going off topic but wonder if FR who are cost hungry asked for cost reductions at LBA and management said no because they need the money for the terminal. FR's cuts in the long term could be a real game changer if management think big. I'd like to think that route news is absent because management are not chasing scraps here and there and trying for something bigger which will take more work and longer.

I would go along with that reasoning but the calls on here for them to come here have been going in now for quite while, so far without success, but we live in hope.

About KLM. Although I don't check fares very often I have found KLM to be expensive since they became linked with Air France. To me they are missing opportunities by not maximising on their Amsterdam hub link from the Regions.

Last edited:
I was looking at klm for south Africa via LBA for a family wedding but just way too expensive compared to Virgin premium economy from London so booked with them. I think klm charge more because of their business ethos. But it's a shame as we'd have used them from LBA.

Ok, with a business head on, why would KLM reduce LBA fares when they have the load factor they have? But they could have so much more if they did! Not just 1 x 737-700, but all flights so!

A last minute BA flight up to LBA booked for tomorrow for initially a meeting at the airport and then onto Elland Rd for a spot of football courtesy of the match sponsor. Back to LHR on Wednesday.

That’s now 7 BA LBA flights in the 1st 3 months of the year, but doubt I’ll ever catch @KARFA up.

A last minute BA flight up to LBA booked for tomorrow for initially a meeting at the airport and then onto Elland Rd for a spot of football courtesy of the match sponsor. Back to LHR on Wednesday.

That’s now 7 BA LBA flights in the 1st 3 months of the year, but doubt I’ll ever catch @KARFA up.

Well you have a 50/50 chance of supporting the right team at Elland Road tomorrow and I hope you are picking the right (or should that be white) one?

Well you have a 50/50 chance of supporting the right team at Elland Road tomorrow and I hope you are picking the right (or should that be white) one?

If I told you that I was at QPR last week and lived in Cookridge in my early years, that may give you a clue to whom I'll be supporting tomorrow #mot

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock