It's been a while since I frequented LBA but I've just booked onto a return to Belfast in September for work. I've a few further personal trips lined up but none of them are available or cost effective from LBA. I do find it particularly galling that I had a choice of 20+ flights a week to Milan from Manchester but not a single one from LBA. Hey ho. I will counter that by saying that the girlfriend went to Peru a couple of months ago and the LBA option via AMS was the cheapest available option from the UK.

LBA will be seeing quite a lot of me over the next few months:

27th Aug LBA – BHD Flybe Dash 8
29th Aug BHD – LBA Flybe Dash 8
12th Sep LHR –LBA-LBA BA 319 – 1st day return for quite some time
28th Sep LHR –LBA BA 319 - Hope to bump into another F4A member on the flight up. No suitable flight back on the 29th so only 1 way unfortunately.
4th Oct BHD – LBA Flybe Dash 8 - Fly BA into BHD from LHR in the morning so a 3 sector day
4th Oct LBA- LHR BA 319

Not bad bearing in mind that I actually live in London and for info, will be keeping my eye out for Nathan if he is still actually employed by LBA.

LBA will be seeing quite a lot of me over the next few months:

27th Aug LBA – BHD Flybe Dash 8
29th Aug BHD – LBA Flybe Dash 8
12th Sep LHR –LBA-LBA BA 319 – 1st day return for quite some time
28th Sep LHR –LBA BA 319 - Hope to bump into another F4A member on the flight up. No suitable flight back on the 29th so only 1 way unfortunately.
4th Oct BHD – LBA Flybe Dash 8 - Fly BA into BHD from LHR in the morning so a 3 sector day
4th Oct LBA- LHR BA 319

Not bad bearing in mind that I actually live in London and for info, will be keeping my eye out for Nathan if he is still actually employed by LBA.
I thought Nathan was Ok in last night's episode of Yorkshire Airport, basically because he wasn't in it!

Recently returned from a sunny trip in Pula and I must say I had the best experience out of LBA yet and Wednesday is 100% the day to fly out of LBA. Jet2 check in took 15mins with the baggage belts going down for a short time and security only taking just over 10 mins! I was genuinely shocked but very happy with how efficient the airport was. The new Accessorise outlet was open and very impressive (leading to some purchases from my family) also boarding is so much more efficient now with Jet2 as they board using groups (Jet2 seem to have stepped up there game this year at LBA with their operations maybe as they know the airpot is at max capacity and they still keep expanding) which meant less people ran over to the gates causing large lines congested walkways. However as I reported last time the airport does still feel very disjointed and congested with lots of pax everywhere. The return was just as great. We landed on runway 14 which I haven't landed on for many years so it was a great surprise and we were out of the airport in a record breaking half-hour after touchdown! This experience has left me very excited to fly from the airport in October to Prague!

Well thanks to a PPI claim I’ve just had approved I can tick off one of the places I’ve wanted to visit for many a year....Dallas. I’ve always been fascinated by the JFK assassination and conspiracy theories. So in November BA LBA-LHR. Virgin A350-1000 LHR-JFK, Delta A220 JFK-DFW. Return Delta CRJ-900 DFW-JFK, Delta Boeing 767-400 JFK-LHR and then BA LHR-LBA. Virgin/Delta fares were an incredible £337. Hand baggage only but seeing as I’m only off for 3 days I’ll cope with a carry on bag.

Just got back from a Jet2 City Break to Budapest - out Monday 19/8 returning last night. Both flights punctual despite slot restrictions over Germany and both almost full.

The airport was very busy Monday afternoon and its the first time I've seen Jet2 not have all desks manned so there was a bit of a wait to check in but notable were the new self tag machines for those who checked in on line at the far end where you show your boarding pass, enter the area, tag your bag and drop it off.

Security was very well run and speedy despite the volume of people and I thin k most ion not all lanes were open. The worst experience was the Travelex girl who seemed to be more intent on chatting to her airport mate employee who stood over me while my money was counted out (not very PC really) so I turned round to him and said it looks a lot but its not very much as you get 320 HUFs to the pound!

The lounge was about both half full and everything cleared and topped up promptly.

Arriving back into LBA at 10 last night, arrivals very quiet and bags waiting for us. Back in car at M&G within 30 minutes of landing after having peaked up bags!

Looking at going to Oz via Singapore in the next few weeks via LHR. Unable to make my mind up whether to use BA or Qantas for the long legs. I’ve heard a few bad things of late of BA regarding the tired interiors, and there’s the threat of strikes. I’ve done a couple of dummy bookings and noticed that BA massively overcharge for seat reservations. The LBA - LHR bit is £7 each way but the other legs on BA are £31 and that’s the cheapest window seat! Has anyone got any recent experience before I commit myself.

I’ve heard a few bad things of late of BA regarding the tired interiors....

Probably best just to choose the cheapest option tbh. However, just to note that the LHR-SIN-SYD route is served exclusively by A380s (as far as SIN only) and 77Ws which average 5.5 years and 7 years old respectively, so the cabins shouldn't be tired.

There are still some unrefurbished 777-200ERs and 747s out there but they would not be on that route.

Flew out to Barcelona on LS231 on the 20th, back yesterday on the LS232. Checked in around 7 am and checkin and security were very quiet after having parked mid stay and was fortunate to get a space right near the 'building site'. Gate announced 45 mins before departure at Gate 10 "the Cookridge Suite" - boarding completed early and the usual efficient service from Jet 2. The flight had a few free seats. Returning we were allocated the A320 but this changed last minute to a 738 which seemed to cause Swissport some confusion at BCN. With 10 minutes to go we were waiting on the tarmac to board (it was painful) as they were sorting it out and by some miracle doors closed bang on time. Arrived with a very bumpy landing into LBA 20 minutes early and no delays at passport or baggage and on our way pretty quickly. The flight was almost full which is interesting as it was a 733 outwards and yet fewer free seats on the 738. I still say this route is underserved given the frequency we had a couple of years back with Vueling and Monarch and prior to that FR.

Came back on ls258 from palma earlier today. Have to say having never used them before very impressed with jet2 and the whole package holiday, rite down to the resort bag drop made going through palma airport much easier. Flew back on G-lsab love the 757 will be a shame when these aircraft are retired.

Currently sat in bar in Singapore trying to catch up on life drinking overpriced beer. Trip to LHR from Leeds on Saturday went well. Must say on taxiing to T5 at Heathrow a lot of the BA aircraft did have poor well weathered paint jobs on them, I’m not surprised BA now has lost its world favourite airline status. Flight from Leeds was about 80% full. Before I set off to LBA on Saturday to the flight a friend was telling me that her relatives were travelling down from Arbroath to catch the afternoon Malaga flight with Jet2 so people do travel to get to LBA even with all it’s failings.

It will be even quicker to disembark soon when Ryanair pull 30% of their flights and the passenger figures plummet !

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock