And it’s going to be later than that cos the pax have just had to deplane in OTP
It's just passing Cluj Napoca now. Not sure what type it was originally but it's an A321 that's heading our way.

It's just passing Cluj Napoca now. Not sure what type it was originally but it's an A321 that's heading our way.
And it's just left on its way back at 2220.

Last edited:
Really hope wizz increase their operations from LBA by adding some new destinations with 2 or 3 flights a week to each place. From their 15 or so flights each week to 25 to 30 flights i feel would be ideal, so not to the scale of ryanair or jet2, their A321s are a nice sight at LBA.
What destinations don't they serve out of their Eastern European offering?

What destinations don't they serve out of their Eastern European offering?

Wizz Air (Hungary) successfully operated 2x to 3x weekly services to Riga, Kosice, Lublin, Vilnuis & Sofia out of Doncaster-Sheffield before Covid hit. Some other routes were also tried and tested over the years that didn't last so long Debrechen, Chisinau & Timisoara. Others destinations include Lasi, Craiova & Varna.
I suspect if given the chance most of these would be ideal routes to serve expansion out of Leeds/Bradford without having to base Wizz Air (UK) aircraft here.

I would also go as far to say that Budapest along with its new set up in Abu Dhabi may in fact work when they get delivery of there brand new fleet of Airbus A321-LXR's which will have range to fly direct from both Leeds/Bradford and London Luton. They could then offer one-stop connections to India & Pakistan with Wizz Air (Abu Dhabi LLC) are actively looking at opening links to both markets.

Last edited:
Wizz Air (Hungary) successfully operated 2x to 3x weekly services to Riga, Kosice, Lublin, Vilnuis & Sofia out of Doncaster-Sheffield before Covid hit. Some other routes were also tried and tested over the years that didn't last so long Debrechen, Chisinau & Timisoara. Others include Lasi, Craiova & Varna.
I would suspect if given the chance most of these would be idea new routes to serve expansion out of Leeds/Bradford without having to base Wizz Air (UK) aircraft here.

I would also go as far to say that Budapest along with its new set up in Abu Dhabi may in fact work when they get delivery of there brand new fleet of Airbus A321-LXR's which will have range to fly direct from both Leeds/Bradford and London Luton. They could then offer one-stop connections to India & Pakistan with Wizz Air (Abu Dhabi LLC) are actively looking at opening links to both markets.
Were the flights to Lasi specially for dogs))))
It is actually Iasi with an I and a funny squiggle under the S, pronounced Yash
I know because I have a very good friend who lives there and direct flights would be great.

I know it's been a touchy subject on here before, but to stop the confusion and like we already do with Ryanair and it's subsidiaries, I wonder if it might be wise to change the LBA thread title? To just: "Wizz Air"

Especially now that we seem to be getting flights operated by both the main Hungary based airline and Maltese based airline.

So long as everything stays on-topic meaning not just Wizz, but Wizz here at Leeds than I'm fine with that, we'll change it back.

For those of you who don't venture away from the Leeds forum, don't forget the reason I ask not to post things about what's happening at other airports is because we have forums for those airports too. It may seem like I'm being awkward but I'm trying to look after the interests of the wider forum community too.

For those of you who don't venture away from the Leeds forum, don't forget the reason I ask not to post things about what's happening at other airports is because we have forums for those airports too. It may seem like I'm being awkward but I'm trying to look after the interests of the wider forum community too.

Recently discussions about Jet2 have come about on the subject of Jet2 and not Jet2 at LBA. These posts have been moved to the generic forum for Jet2. Could we simply not do this for Wizz?

Recently discussions about Jet2 have come about on the subject of Jet2 and not Jet2 at LBA. These posts have been moved to the generic forum for Jet2. Could we simply not do this for Wizz?
We can and we do. Everyone has to remember the running of the forum is voluntary and we don't have time to be moving posts all the time. Everyone can play a part in ensuring content is in the correct thread. If a thread naturally strays off-topic then of course we can continue to move it to the correct thread.

To add to what Aviador has said, if you want to reply to a post, but feel it will go off topic, it's easy to quote from one thread to another. From the post which you wish to quote, click on the '+Multi-Quote' option. Now, navigate to the more appropriate thread (e.g. Airline Forum > Wizz Air) and click on 'Insert quotes...'. You will see the quote appear in the new thread, then simply reply as usual.

So looking at the Wizz Air flights Krakow to Leeds in November except it's not on the booking system. Does anyone have any look at this? Looking at the schedule in the post #63 by @lbaspotter.

It looks like Wizz Air are messing with the planned Winter 2023/2024 schedule. Still 19x weekly flights planned to operate which is still an increase over last winter.

Monday's +4 = KTW, WAW, OPT, CLJ
Tuesdays +2 = GDN, WRO
Wednesday's +3 = KRK, KTW, OTP
Thursdays +2 = GDN, KRK
Friday's +4 = KTW, WAW, OTP, CLJ
Saturdays +2 = GDN, WRO
Sundays +2 = KRK, OTP

Gdansk = 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)
Krakow = Increased from 2x to 3x weekly (moves to Wed, Thu & Sun)
Katowice = 3x weekly (Mon, Wed & Fri)
Warsaw Chopin = Reduced from 3x to 2x weekly (moved to Mon & Fri)
Wroclaw = 2x weekly (Tue & Sat)
Bucharest = 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)
Cluj Napoca = 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)

Last edited:
It looks like Wizz Air are messing with the planned Winter 2023/2024 schedule. Still 19x weekly flights planned to operate which is still an increase over last winter.

Monday's +4 = KTW, WAW, OPT, CLJ
Tuesdays +2 = GDN, WRO
Wednesday's +3 = KRK, KTW, OTP
Thursdays +2 = GDN, KRK
Friday's +4 = KTW, WAW, OTP, CLJ
Saturdays +2 = GDN, WRO
Sundays +2 = KRK, OTP

Gdansk = 3x weekly (Tue, Thu & Sat)
Krakow = Increased from 2x to 3x weekly (moves to Wed, Thu & Sun)
Katowice = 3x weekly (Mon, Wed & Fri)
Warsaw Chopin = Reduced from 3x to 2x weekly (moved to Mon & Fri)
Wroclaw = 2x weekly (Tue & Sat)
Bucharest = 4x weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)
Cluj Napoca = 2x weekly (Mon & Fri)
It's looking good. Still slightly disappointed at WAW, I think it can sustain 3X weekly

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock