Once again this morning, Manchester Tower and GMC - bandboxed on 119.4 - is being received over here. A little stronger and clearer than the last time.

This morning, Manchester GMC has been joined by Tower on 118.630. Remarkable, I've not experienced a reception boost like this for about thirty years. That time I was receiving the Stavanger ATIS!

This morning, there is a vehicle on the airfield using the RT callsign 'Rover'. I don't know who or what but it used to be the ATC Landrover several years ago. The callsign was 'Delta' before that.

Very poor reception on the Delivery frequency this morning - 121.805. Tower loud and clear, Radar less good but Delivery not even breaking through the squelch. Even Pole Hill is coming through clear. I wonder if the transmitter power has been reduced in order to avoid interference exacerbated by the anticyclone? Many airports have GMC or Delivery on frequencies between 121.7 and 121.8.

Very poor reception on the Delivery frequency this morning - 121.805. Tower loud and clear, Radar less good but Delivery not even breaking through the squelch. Even Pole Hill is coming through clear. I wonder if the transmitter power has been reduced in order to avoid interference exacerbated by the anticyclone? Many airports have GMC or Delivery on frequencies between 121.7 and 121.8.
I live 2 miles from the airport and above near the Post Office tower but cannot get the ground on delivery and haven't for nearly a week now
The aircraft on the frequency are all coming though loud and clear

Twev, I think the power has been purposely stepped down or there is something wrong. I would say it is the latter but I'm reluctant to report it to Tels on the grounds of it not being a pilot report, therefore not of interest!

Reception on 134.580 has deteriorated again. The speech and signal has been much stronger in recent days but the white noise is once again prevalent. Delivery is also a little weaker than usual. Tower seems OK!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock