Keighley has been removed and replaced with Salts Mill.

Harrogate will change to Harrogate Railway Station.

Arthington Viaduct is also being added.

ARTHINGTON VIADUCT (ATH)
CHAIN BAR ROUNDABOUT (CBR)
DEWSBURY (DBY)
ECCUP RESERVOIR (ECP)
HARROGATE (HGT) RAILWAY STATION

The airport received a big lightning strike during the thunder storm late yesterday afternooon.
As a result departures are being advised the Runway 14 is "technically" not available. I know they were using 32 with a tailwind last night as the PAPIs were unservicable.
Some of the CAT3 stop bars are not working as are the centerline lights on November taxiway.
This could have implications for CAT3 operations until the problems are solved.

The airport received a big lightning strike during the thunder storm late yesterday afternooon.
As a result departures are being advised the Runway 14 is "technically" not available. I know they were using 32 with a tailwind last night as the PAPIs were unservicable.
Some of the CAT3 stop bars are not working as are the centerline lights on November taxiway.
This could have implications for CAT3 operations until the problems are solved.
That explains why yesterday, as soon as the storm passed, flights started landing in 32, having used 14 all day?

I loved the Park Air radios and multiple Pye rack cabinets. I expect the newer Frequentis and Northrop Grumman Park Air comms gear fits in a single 19" rack.

LS271 recently departed. Can anyone explain its unusual departure turn shortly after takeoff followed by what looked like a return to the standard routing shortly afterwards?

Approximately 1 mile it turned left then deviated back right before continuing what then seemed a normal departure track. I was actually watching it and I only checked FR24 after watching it carry out an unusual manoeuvre. FR24 did show this when I looked.

Presumably if it was off the normal SID then there would have been an instruction from ATC. Anybody listening at the time?

Weather seems unlikely unless it's very different oop north than in the South Midlands. Other local(ish) traffic, track miles for sequencing with (eg) MAN arrivals or departures? Fairly sure I've heard ATC at Leeds and elsewhere tell a/c that they'll be given a non standard routing due to X.

I've heard that Great Whernside, at the junction of Coverdale and Wharfedale, represents some sort of obstacle on the climb-out from RW32. Given that GW is some 23 miles away from the airport, I admit I was sceptical when I heard this. Can anybody verify?

Anything that is higher than the airfield is an obsticle and at 2304 ft Whernside is considered a mountain albeit a small one. It should be far enough away from the field not to pose a problem.

You would think so but that apparently may not be the case. Great Whernside is only a few miles from the GASKO Reporting Point which is invariably on the route of low-ish traffic between LBA and Teesside and Newcastle so that could be significant.

I live just west of Grassington - so bang in the middle of the area in discussion - and although LBA is our nearest airport it's rare, in fact very rare, that we get any traffic over us going in to or out of LBA. When 14 is in use for landing we can see planes descending over Cracoe Fell & Burnsall Fell before turning for finals heading over Bolton Abbey - these are usually at about 5000ft. Occasionally we get traffic heading north out of LBA but invariably they have tracked out over Keighley and followed the Aire valley northwards to Skipton so by the time they're passing us they're at 12000ft or higher.
We do, though, get traffic heading in and out of Manchester to and from the north east, so such as SAS, Norwegian, Ryanair, Loganair go over regularly as does traffic in and out of both Teesside and Newcastle, this area of the Dales can be pretty busy with traffic at that 10-15,000 ft level so as Oldendays has said traffic at this level plus the GASKO reporting point might be the 'obstacle' rather than GW. Traffic out of Newcastle heading to Spain and the Canaries always seems to come this way to join up with the Manchester routing (much as traffic out of LBA heads out over Burnley) but they're well up by the time they're passing here, in fact Tui B738 G TAWK is heading over as I type heading NCL to ACE at 24,000ft and G TAWJ is heading in to NCL from CFU at 15,000ft having just passed over LBA.
And don't forget the Dales get a lot of military movement, training and otherwise, the Hercules and A400's are regular visitors at not much over tree top level then there are also the Ospreys that make regular evening appearances at a couple of thousand feet.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock