Least it won't break the record as for awaiting official announcement. I think British Airways hold that record for the Heathrow route, which was around 4-5 months if I remember correctly.

The first sign of anything happening was when IAG published its annual financial report, which was way before any contracts had being discussed between British Airways and the then airports owners Bridgepoint Capital.

If the airport doesn't want to raise expectation of announcements, why is the information released to the consultative committee? Or, if it is an obligation of the airport to do so, why is there not some sort of an agreement that the information is not made public? That way there is no disappointment if the expected negotiations don't come to fruition. Furthermore, I would have thought that if that information was made available in the way that it has been done, there would be an expectation that it would happen.

If the airport doesn't want to raise expectation of announcements, why is the information released to the consultative committee? Or, if it is an obligation of the airport to do so, why is there not some sort of an agreement that the information is not made public? That way there is no disappointment if the expected negotiations don't come to fruition. Furthermore, I would have thought that if that information was made available in the way that it has been done, there would be an expectation that it would happen.
The expectation is that it will happen. Nothing has been said to suggest it won't. (Except on this thread).

To be honest @whoshotjimmi I'm pleased the airport is more forthcoming with information, even if nothing comes to fruition. We've become too acustom to secretisnm from the previous management with just about everything being thrown into the "comercial in confidence" corner. In this instance they have told us as much as they are able at this point. Transparency was something Bridgepoint definitely lacked.

To be honest @whoshotjimmi I'm pleased the airport is more forthcoming with information, even if nothing comes to fruition. We've become too acustom to secretisnm from the previous management with just about everything being thrown into the "comercial in confidence" corner. In this instance they have told us as much as they are able at this point. Transparency was something Bridgepoint definitely lacked.

They lacked a lot to be honest, but thats just my opinion...

I’m pretty sure the airport have always said that if the demand is there they will construct some more stands..?

We already need the new stands, regardless of what happens in the future. Jet2 routinely have at least one, often two, aircraft parked overnight at the end of Alpha or the middle of November. Stand 21C blocks 21B and 20B blocks 20A. It's a farce that's long overdue for rectifying.

Totally agree. Disembarking aircraft and manoeuvring equipment around the aircraft in poor light conditions is far from ideal and it's become the norm.

@White Heather did mention in a post on here back on October 11th that she had, had a message from the airports Aviation Development Director Chris Sanders saying the following

Just for information regarding the awaited announcements re new routes/airlines, about 10 days ago I wrote to LBA to ask when an announcement might be made. Today I got a reply from Chris Sanders, Aviation Development Director (via the airport secretary to whom I had written). Basically the situation is as I mentioned previously. LBA are not yet in a position to make an announcement as they continue their discussions with the airline(s), but Chris says he is hopeful of a positive outcome and that an announcement will be made within the next 4 weeks.

So baring this in mind and today been the October 28th, I suspect we might hear something official later this or next week hopefully.

Is there any more rumour/speculation on the soon to be announced new routes - all very quiet.... I just wish they would Hop! to it, and improve their bmi - they’ve been thinking of Munchen on Frankfurters for too long ;-)
flybmi is an enigma at the moment. They've been cancelling flights at regular intervals all summer and into autumn, believed to be because of a lack of crews and aircraft, yet some of their aircraft are being switched to sister airline, Loganair. Unless some of the larger aircraft they've been talking about acquiring for the past couple of years to operate some of their routes are now in the pipeline it's a job to see how they will manage going forward.

Unless I am misinformed the base is supposed to be him regional but as has been said I too don't know where the aircraft will be found from to operate it, unlessperhaps Stobart do a deal with him? The other announcement is supposed to be hub related so on the basis him are supposed to be going to pick up on brussels it doesn't leave much. LH or AF, or one of their off shoots have to be my bet. Hopefully we haven't long to wait to find out

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock