Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
Anybody seen the story that Bham Council are to spruce up the city centre including restoring the Victoria Square fountain to a fountain.
Good news and long overdue. But hang on a minute.This is to impress visitors to the Commonwealth Games.
Presumably the council have thought for he past few years that rectifying this embarrassment was not worth the bother just for its own citizens.

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
Congratulations Adam, definitely well deserved (y)
Now this is worth celebrating. One thing the city is doing really well at and that is breeding some of the best restaurants in the country. 5 Michelin stars and 4 holding steady as year on year regulars. Add Peels at Hampton and plus a couple down the road in Stratford and Kenilworth and foodie heaven.

This is what we need to put at the front of the city region promotion. Only London is better served, although Bristol doing good things at the moment.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Anybody seen the story that Bham Council are to spruce up the city centre including restoring the Victoria Square fountain to a fountain.
Good news and long overdue. But hang on a minute.This is to impress visitors to the Commonwealth Games.
Presumably the council have thought for he past few years that rectifying this embarrassment was not worth the bother just for its own citizens.
C'mon 58, are you seriously saying that Birmingham is alone in doing such things ?? Every city around the world is looking to impress when it hosts a big international event and Brum is no different.

Stop being so cynical all the time, this is our moment to shine so LETS DO IT WITH A BANG.

It gets my full support (y)

58terminus

Platinum Member
Sep 23, 2016
birmingham
C'mon 58, are you seriously saying that Birmingham is alone in doing such things ?? Every city around the world is looking to impress when it hosts a big international event and Brum is no different.
Brum is financially broke mate. Somebody is going to have to pay and it ain't going to be the visitors.

JENNYJET

Premium Member Plus
Dec 15, 2015
ASTWOOD BANK, WORCESTERSHIRE.
The last time I saw a working fountain was when it was contaminated with fast food debris, fag ends and beer cans. Maybe times have changed and people have more respect but I have doubts but the budget should concentrate upon venues, hotels and getting the basics sorted before tarting up the stuff that should already be good for visitors to the city.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Brum is financially broke mate. Somebody is going to have to pay and it ain't going to be the visitors.
There are lots and lots of people in this country who are broke, it doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself once in a while.

Yes it will be us the taxpayers of Birmingham who will pay, and ?

wolfheze

Platinum Member
Dec 26, 2015
Just when you thought I'd disappeared I'm back to post a couple of photos of the model airliner collection! Few new ones in there including some rarities like the JAT DC9 which was the first aircraft I'd flown on since the sixties when I flew to from Birmingham to Pula in the late 80s . Another extremely rare one is the Lufthansa 737/100 one of which I saw at Birmingham as a diversion in 1978.20191024_175847_compress34.jpg20191101_193755_compress38.jpg

Last edited:

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Just when you thought I'd disappeared I'm back to post a couple of photos of the model airliner collection! Few new ones in there including some rarities like the JAT DC9 which was the first aircraft I'd flown on since the sixties when I flew to from Birmingham to Pula in the late 80s . Another extremely rare one is the Lufthansa 737/100 one of which I saw at Birmingham as a diversion in 1978.View attachment 15255View attachment 15256
Fantastic collection (y)

Is cabinet number three close to being ordered?

Top Bottom