Hi all, can anybody help? Having problems with accessing forums on a laptop. Ads are blocking page. After closing ads, page looks normal but can't open anything. With thank, SM.

Clear your cookies and cache as this will generally resolve most problems like that.

Hi aviator
Have just done that and it's just the same having to use my wife's tablet to post this
Sm

Suspect the NIMBYS will come out anyway and so will the ECO mob, despite the terminal being environmentally friendly they’ll still moan about the (minimal on the scale of things) pollution from the aircraft themselves and their likely increasing numbers. LBA management have thrown down the gauntlet to LCC. No extension to operating hours then no terminal and hence no jobs from the construction work and no extra jobs or extra wealth for the region once it’s built. With the new Government pushing for development in the North, this is as good a time as any for AMP to take a tough line with the ineffective LCC.
As a local I have some support for the NIMBYS. Living just over a mile away from the airport the noise after midnight during the summer months has increased greatly over the years, at a time when due to the warm weather windows wide open. We live off to the side of the runway, so away from the main noise path, it must be very noisy if you live under the flight path.
The only complaints I have received from my neighbours over the last few years is noise at night, I am a heavy sleeper but can be disturbed, my partner often not getting to sleep till after 2am.
Increasing night time hours for me is lighting the blue touch paper in my opinion and I fully supported extending the flying hours late 80's, I could support the new hours if for landing aircraft only, take off should only be allowed in exceptional circumstances.
In my opinion LCC not helping local concerns, air pollution levels at local schools 18 months ago well above approved levels, yet we scrap the link road and seem to be suggesting more local traffic acceptable, when we know it will increase when the clean air zone around Leeds comes in to force.
Locals will be up in arms on two fronts, air pollution and noise.

hi aviador
i have run a big scan and cleaned the lap top, but still have the same problem as before the ads are blocking most of the pages, i just have about 1 inch at the bottom of the page,can you help please.
regards
sm

Hi Snowman - have you tried installing an adblocker. Adblocker Ultimate is one that I use for a number of websites. I use Firefox but other browsers may suggest othe blockers. You may need to experiment a bit OR try a different browser. Firefox is good and fast but can be a bit picky at times especially if sites haven't updated their security certificates etc.

I had the same problem as you Snowman last week, just one night. Since then I have cleared out a lot of cookies and it is better, but I am sick to death of DSA and their various adverts. I am highly unlikely to fly from DSA anyway given they only have TUi and Wizz, but even if they had more, they are having the opposite affect and I am becoming more determined by the day not to fly from there. I have reported the ads to Google, saying I am not interested, and they say thanks and then put them there again. And again. And AGAIN!!! :)

hi airforced
i have not used a add blocker (yet) but have tried a different search engine that worked fine for the first time the next time all the google ads were blocking the forums pages, my lap top works fine with the other forums on it.
regards
sm

significantly - the planning application will consist of two parts. The construction of the new terminal building, and also, the amendment of the night time flying hours at LBA. Currently these are 2300 to 0600 and the airport is now running at capacity due to the number of aircraft per year departing between 0600 and 0700 plus those arriving after 2300. These hours are much more stringent than those operated at other airports and the airport is now seeking to have them amended to fall in line with competing airports. The application will therefore be that night time hours are changed to 2330 to 0600.

It should be noted that without the change in night time hours, the terminal will not be able to function to its full capacity and will not be built. Any approval will therefore be for both the terminal development and the amended night time hours.

I've quoted @White Heather as she was the first person to raise this subject.

As per my post within the Infrastructure thread, although related to the application to extend the terminal the operational hours is an entirely different discussion and is best discussed separately so we can keep the Infrastructure thread more focused on the terminal proposals.

Any further discussions relating to the airports operational hours quota need to go here in this thread.

I had the same problem as you Snowman last week, just one night. Since then I have cleared out a lot of cookies and it is better, but I am sick to death of DSA and their various adverts. I am highly unlikely to fly from DSA anyway given they only have TUi and Wizz, but even if they had more, they are having the opposite affect and I am becoming more determined by the day not to fly from there. I have reported the ads to Google, saying I am not interested, and they say thanks and then put them there again. And again. And AGAIN!!! :)
I've had problems with adverts too but the majority were for Australian companies and most seemed to be for ones selling ladies underwear,not sure what that says about me! :ROFLMAO:

I can look at the number of advertisements being displayed but they are a necessary evil I'm afraid because without the revenue they bring the forum wouldn't exist. Just for as little as £2 per month we can remove all the ads for you and your contribution will help to keep Forums4airports going. People will complain about the ads but I'm sure they would complain more if the site was no more.

I've quoted @White Heather as she was the first person to raise this subject.

As per my post within the Infrastructure thread, although related to the application to extend the terminal the operational hours is an entirely different discussion and is best discussed separately so we can keep the Infrastructure thread more focused on the terminal proposals.

Any further discussions relating to the airports operational hours quota need to go here in this thread.

Personally I think its mad 0600 - 0700 can be considered as night. Most people are up before 0700 and for me sleeping beyond 0600 is a luxury.

Experts say we should have around 7 hrs sleep per night, so if we all go to bed at 11pm and up at 6am, sorted! :)

With the big uproar before, you'd think the airport had never had night flights before.

To reiterate , LBA already has 24 hour flying.

In any case aircraft are considerably quieter than they used to be when the quotas were originally introduced. Unless there are new quota restrictions, moving the definition of night time by one hour isn't going to make a huge difference.

Bristol is also movement-restricted between 2300 and 0700. In fact, it's becoming a problem and a year or two ago the airport became level 3 slot co-ordinated but only in summer (BST period) and only between 2300 and 0700 to ty to manage the situation.

With the big uproar before, you'd think the airport had never had night flights before.

To reiterate , LBA already has 24 hour flying.

In any case aircraft are considerably quieter than they used to be when the quotas were originally introduced. Unless there are new quota restrictions, moving the definition of night time by one hour isn't going to make a huge difference.

It has 24 hour flying, but the number of movements between 23:00 and 07:00 is restricted and this is legally enforced through a planning agreement with the council. The effect of moving the end of the restricted period back to 06:00 means, by default, there will be no restrictions on the number of departures between 06:00 and 07:00. The airport want to attract more overnighting aircraft and in doing so clearly expect more departures before 07:00. How many, I don’t know. But enough to threaten they won’t build the terminal without this change, so probably a bigger deal than is being suggested. I think most people are simply pointing this out, out of concern that it will give the objectors another chance to register opposition with the council and threaten what looks to be an amazing proposal

I don't know if you read my post on the Infrastructure thread but the new terminal will have hourly capacity limitations and without better use of the terminal during a period that is currently restricted by quotas, LBA won't be used to its planned full potential.

I have lived in Yeadon for most of my life, except for a short spell living in Horsforth near to the Old Ball right underneath the flight path. As a local resident to LBA I can't see a problem with the proposed alteration. I very rearly hear aircraft, and when I do it's because I'm already awake.

I think there is a misconception that moving the night period back by 1 hour from 0700 to 0600 is going to mean significant increases in night time movements when in reality it's not. There will still be long periods throughout the night when there are very few flights.

Last edited:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock