The problem at moment is nobody can travel anywhere in UK except for business or exceptional circumstances and its going to be a while for general public unless over 60s from mid Feb

Hi there Brumx, so you indicate that these forum posts are going a bit boring, so does that include my email to the west Midlands major about future expansion and flights from Birmingham Airport..AndyC
Hi Andrew

I think Brum X is just very frustrated with the whole COVID situation (as we all are). Unable to follow a hobby, unable to go on holiday, unable to have a big get together for Christmas etc, etc. I'm sure he didn't mean anything personal. Keep sending out emails if you like and let us know how they go in the new thread created by jfy1999.

Kevin

Hi there Kevin, how are you and happy new year to you and your family, I have also sent email to the chief executive of Birmingham City Council as well...AndyC

Hi there all again, regarding my previous post, I have now emailed all concern about Birmingham Airport future plans once the pandemic has finally left us, this includes chief executive of Solihull Metropolitan Council, Chief executive of Birmingham City Council, both Council leaders from Birmingham and Solihull and also Mr Paul Faulkner, who is the boss of chamber of commerce....AndyC

The problem at moment is nobody can travel anywhere in UK except for business or exceptional circumstances and its going to be a while for general public unless over 60s from mid Feb

Exactly, what is trhe point in contacting airlines, mayors, councils atm ? Airlines will be lucky to stay in business, BHX will not be at the top of there list's for a long time.

Sorry if I am coming across rather stuffy but I just think we need to get our priorities right ?

Exactly, what is trhe point in contacting airlines, mayors, councils atm ? Airlines will be lucky to stay in business, BHX will not be at the top of there list's for a long time.

Sorry if I am coming across rather stuffy but I just think we need to get our priorities right ?
It might be just the time for the airport to chuck its hat into the ring prior to the hoped-for and expected pandemic recovery. The more support an airport has from interested parties the better, and successful airports in the post-pandemic period will have got ahead of the game.

Baron Rothschild an 18th Century investor and member of the celebrated eponymous banking family made a fortune in the chaos that followed the Battle of Waterloo. His credo was, "The time to buy is when there is blood in the streets" although some believe the actual quote was "Buy when there is blood in the streets even if the blood is your own" which might be a better parallel with the pandemic situation and airports.

I have contacted Air Baltic, Spirit Air and Sky UP - re: Birmingham BHX - feedback is as follows-

air Baltic
: Please know that currently we are not planning to perform direct flights from Riga to Birmingham

Spirit Airlines: Thank you for reaching out to us. Our flights are based on market demand. We're always considering adding more cities. Please check our website for the latest updates to our route maps and schedules. Here's a link to our current Route Map and Time Table: http://bit.ly/Spirit_RouteMap If there’s anything else that we can do to help, just let us know. We're here to help. Erik

Sky UP: (Ukraine Airline serves Kiev )

Hello, my name is Alina, community manager of SkyUp.

SkyUp Airlines sent Yesterday at 07:56
We'll think about it
1f609.png
✈

JetBlue (B6)
One for you Jenny Jet. Such things have been discussed before but surely BHX can make a good offering away from all usual transatlantic carrier competition to the East coast of the US and can fill 140 seats a couple of times a week.

Thank you BHX Supporter, interesting piece. I however have always maintained that any transatlantic flight in a twin jet is a risk beyond my tolerance level and a narrow body is purgatory. All that water on two engines, no matter how efficient or reliable, I would prefer to be sedated.

Indeed, money governs everything and I fear the day may come when a single engine design gets certification, with no moving parts. I cherish my memories of flights on the quads.

AIR ARABIA - Use to serve Birmingham and Morocco but demand is also for Sharjah flights with connections to Central Asia and Middle East-
(I do hope Air Arabia do return back to midlands when travel is settled and things get better hopefully-demand is high)

Correspondence Received:

Hello, Air Arabia is constantly expanding and will be serving new destinations soon. You can always check our website for regular updates. Regards Air Arabia

SINGAPORE AIRLINES - Have corresponded relating to serving Birmingham with direct flights they have said: It would be nice to see Singapore Airlines serving Birmingham in the near future- would do well to compete and more choice passenger interests.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Singapore Airlines

Hi, we are continually reviewing our flight routes to provide the best connectivity for our passengers. Thank you for sharing your feedback

Please start flights to and from Birmingham International Airport UK demand is high tourism business and connections

106043418_10158387418542486_833991151213532535_n.png

Alaska Airlines sent Today at 20:44​

Great suggestion thanks! I'll share this with our scheduling team! -Rae

That's just nitpicking...they don't fly transatlantic and they never will unless they get longhaul aircraft. Now that they are within Oneworld, they have no need as BA and AA take care of all that.

One can but dream, I dreamt a vast array of services after the runway was given longer legs but Dreamliner gatecrashed and reduced the need for some types as non-stop became a reality with the ugly bird doing previously impossible sectors.

Kayjay, keep dreaming as contacts are the seeds planted for future opportunities to grow!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock